Cableguys NoiseShaper: The Dynamic Noise Designer

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian
1012 posts since 11 Aug, 2005 from Hamburg, Germany

Post Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:49 am

OzoneJunkie wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 am
In the light of that, can we please get an offline installer for the noise/wave files? You've essentially made Shaperbox require an internet connection for full installation with this new change - something I personally make all efforts to avoid - I don't purchase software, in most cases, that require such things.
We'll see how many users request it. It's very few at this point, and it has quite some importance for us to keep it this way, but we'll definitely reconsider it if it's requested more often.

User avatar
OzoneJunkie
KVRian
1284 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Post Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:18 am

Thanks Jakob, I appreciate even in the consideration, and of course you must do what's right for your company. Cheers :tu:

Trancit
KVRAF
3274 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:28 am

Hi Jakob,

are you aware of the issues of some shapers not being automatable in FL Studio...
Browsing the parameter list there are tons of parameters "Reserved" but the parameters of some Shapers like i.e. Noise or Drive Shaper aren´t accessable...

Perhaps you can contact the IL guys to find a solution...
Follow me on YouTube: FL Studio Tricks
Become a patron: M.o.R FL Studio Tricks

User avatar
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian
1012 posts since 11 Aug, 2005 from Hamburg, Germany

Post Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:33 am

Trancit wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:28 am
Hi Jakob,

are you aware of the issues of some shapers not being automatable in FL Studio...
Browsing the parameter list there are tons of parameters "Reserved" but the parameters of some Shapers like i.e. Noise or Drive Shaper aren´t accessable...

Perhaps you can contact the IL guys to find a solution...
Yes indeed.. that's because parameters are ordered by ID, and FL Studio cannot handle parameters with too high parameter IDs. We have many RESERVED parameter between others, as this allows us to group future parameters together (for example for each LFO we have a bunch of RESERVED parameters). For future products we won't do that any more.. but now there's no way for us to change order of parameters as that'd break parameter automation of old projects..

Of course ideally all DAWs should be able to handle huge amounts of parameters..

Trancit
KVRAF
3274 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:41 pm

Thx, that explains the huge amount of "X Reserved" entries in the parameter list...

Then it´s up to them to react...

Thx for having taken the time!! :tu:
Follow me on YouTube: FL Studio Tricks
Become a patron: M.o.R FL Studio Tricks

dermage
KVRian
923 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:28 pm

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:49 am
OzoneJunkie wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 am
In the light of that, can we please get an offline installer for the noise/wave files? You've essentially made Shaperbox require an internet connection for full installation with this new change - something I personally make all efforts to avoid - I don't purchase software, in most cases, that require such things.
We'll see how many users request it. It's very few at this point, and it has quite some importance for us to keep it this way, but we'll definitely reconsider it if it's requested more often.
I request that too,
I'd love a bit more portability also, to easier sync my laptop with my main workstation when I'm on the roard.

User avatar
Lee / Cableguys
KVRist

Topic Starter

71 posts since 9 May, 2017

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:52 am

shaperbox_banner_blackfriday_2021.png
A reminder that our Black Friday Sale is now on!

NoiseShaper's intro offer has been extended for Black Friday. Our new Dynamic Noise Designer is still just €29 / $34 instead of €50 / $60.

ShaperBox 2 Bundle – now including NoiseShaper – is also discounted to €79 / $89, saving you 72% compared to buying all eight Shapers at individual full prices (€283 / $328).

ShaperBox 2 Bundle upgrades were already discounted since 12 October for the NoiseShaper intro offer. This offer was supposed to end already – but we have just extended the offer for Black Friday. Also, if you own NoiseShaper, then your ShaperBox 2 Bundle upgrade is reduced in the Black Friday sale (it wasn't during the NoiseShaper intro offer).

Log in to your Cableguys account to see your special upgrade price.

Get these deals and try free demos at the Cableguys website:

https://www.cableguys.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kr3eM
KVRian
663 posts since 1 Sep, 2007

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 am

e@rs wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:02 am
e@rs wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am
Can I at least copy the noise samples from an online machine to an offline one?
I tried without success. The offline ShaperBox sees the files, but doesn't load them. Apparently they use some sort of encryption, as no application recognize these .wav files. :?

Not cool, Cableguys, not cool at all! :(
I was assuming that, thank your for reporting. It's the same with your own presets in the database files as well, so you will not be able to move that to another machine...or perhaps even a new reinstall of your OS, don't know what dependcies the encryption use. So yes, I agree, not cool at all.

I gave up on asking for this to be changed many years ago and started using the DAW's on preset system, it's not optimal but the upside is that I don't have to see Jakobs face everytime I open the preset manager :hihi:

Noiseshaper will probably turn out to be the first product I will not purchase (besides their synth) due to their preset system being like a iLok cloud dongle.

I don't expect this to change, ever, so I have not raised any request for offline noise samples...but since I am here writing I may as well do that. Once again thank you for reporting, many don't bother these days... (Including myself)

User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
5241 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:55 am

Didn't know that even one's own presets are unmovable, that's really weird. I never saved presets of ShaperBox so far, only within the projects.

At least I can use the White Noise in NoiseShaper... :party: :dog:

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9230 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Anyone getting slow graphics performance on with Apple Silicon when the GUI is open? I'm running a 16" MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip and 32 GB of RAM. Reaper's meters and time display slow to a crawl if the Shaperbox GUI is open. Using VST version.

Is there like an OpenGL setting to disable or anything like that?

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
6911 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:55 pm

Lee / Cableguys wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:52 am
shaperbox_banner_blackfriday_2021.png

A reminder that our Black Friday Sale is now on!

NoiseShaper's intro offer has been extended for Black Friday. Our new Dynamic Noise Designer is still just €29 / $34 instead of €50 / $60.

ShaperBox 2 Bundle – now including NoiseShaper – is also discounted to €79 / $89, saving you 72% compared to buying all eight Shapers at individual full prices (€283 / $328).

ShaperBox 2 Bundle upgrades were already discounted since 12 October for the NoiseShaper intro offer. This offer was supposed to end already – but we have just extended the offer for Black Friday. Also, if you own NoiseShaper, then your ShaperBox 2 Bundle upgrade is reduced in the Black Friday sale (it wasn't during the NoiseShaper intro offer).

Log in to your Cableguys account to see your special upgrade price.

Get these deals and try free demos at the Cableguys website:

https://www.cableguys.com/
Nice, thanks :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
AcrossTheSky
KVRian
564 posts since 3 Jul, 2016

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Kr3eM wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 am
e@rs wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:02 am
e@rs wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am
Can I at least copy the noise samples from an online machine to an offline one?
I tried without success. The offline ShaperBox sees the files, but doesn't load them. Apparently they use some sort of encryption, as no application recognize these .wav files. :?

Not cool, Cableguys, not cool at all! :(
I was assuming that, thank your for reporting. It's the same with your own presets in the database files as well, so you will not be able to move that to another machine...or perhaps even a new reinstall of your OS, don't know what dependcies the encryption use. So yes, I agree, not cool at all.

I gave up on asking for this to be changed many years ago and started using the DAW's on preset system, it's not optimal but the upside is that I don't have to see Jakobs face everytime I open the preset manager :hihi:

Noiseshaper will probably turn out to be the first product I will not purchase (besides their synth) due to their preset system being like a iLok cloud dongle.

I don't expect this to change, ever, so I have not raised any request for offline noise samples...but since I am here writing I may as well do that. Once again thank you for reporting, many don't bother these days... (Including myself)
...time for pirates to step in ! arrrrr ...haha... 8) :evil:

User avatar
Jakob / Cableguys
KVRian
1012 posts since 11 Aug, 2005 from Hamburg, Germany

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:38 pm
Anyone getting slow graphics performance on with Apple Silicon when the GUI is open? I'm running a 16" MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip and 32 GB of RAM. Reaper's meters and time display slow to a crawl if the Shaperbox GUI is open. Using VST version.

Is there like an OpenGL setting to disable or anything like that?
Some other users wrote that too, but it works like a charm on our 13'' M1 MBP, both with Rosetta and M1 Native. Strange..

Do you have any scaling setting set, are you using the MBP screen or an external monitor, do you have other plugin UIs open at that time, and are you running in Rosetta or M1 Native?

Could you drop us an email to contact@cableguys.com maybe, and click the Main menu button, choose "System Information" and "Copy" and paste this to the email?

litzblitz
KVRer
29 posts since 9 Jul, 2012

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59 pm

Kr3eM wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 am
e@rs wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:02 am
e@rs wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am
Can I at least copy the noise samples from an online machine to an offline one?
I tried without success. The offline ShaperBox sees the files, but doesn't load them. Apparently they use some sort of encryption, as no application recognize these .wav files. :?

Not cool, Cableguys, not cool at all! :(
I was assuming that, thank your for reporting. It's the same with your own presets in the database files as well, so you will not be able to move that to another machine...or perhaps even a new reinstall of your OS, don't know what dependcies the encryption use. So yes, I agree, not cool at all.

I gave up on asking for this to be changed many years ago and started using the DAW's on preset system, it's not optimal but the upside is that I don't have to see Jakobs face everytime I open the preset manager :hihi:

Noiseshaper will probably turn out to be the first product I will not purchase (besides their synth) due to their preset system being like a iLok cloud dongle.

I don't expect this to change, ever, so I have not raised any request for offline noise samples...but since I am here writing I may as well do that. Once again thank you for reporting, many don't bother these days... (Including myself)

Thank you for pointing out.

Since Jakob said earlier they would reconsider if there are enough request:

I am a customer of the full shaper box and would like to have a better solution. To me, the way it works now, seems like crippled software for paying customers.

Thank you.

Return to “Effects”