IK Mulitmedia T-RackS TASCAM Tape Collection available now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sidrat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:35 am
teacue wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am There is a nice little gem in Amplitube called "Tape Cassette".
It has some of the features you mention: Wow, Flutter, Saturation, Tapesnaps, Erosion and Noise.

BTW it is also to find in a reduced form as one of the main effects in Sampletron 2.
I discovered "Tape Cassette" months ago through Sampletron 2 and even bought it as effect for Amplitube because it has a nice flavour I could not find in other LoFi Cassette effects.
I believe this in MixBox, too. I wonder if these are all the same algos?
The SampleTron 2 tape effect (Erosion) doesn't sound the same as the MixBox Tape Cassette effect. It sounds much more boxy than Tape Cassette. SampleTron 2 already colours the sound a bit without the tape effect on. If you use a LP filter at around 5 kHz and then Tape Cassette, then it sounds very similar.

Tape shootout including some of IK Mulitmedia T-RackS TASCAM Tape Collection and other T-racks tape emulations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmTzscSmzj8

can i use jampoints on getting this collection? with my special pricing as well?
thanks

tonymax wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:06 pm can i use jampoints on getting this collection? with my special pricing as well?
thanks
No

tonymax wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:06 pm can i use jampoints on getting this collection? with my special pricing as well?
thanks
No. You can’t double stack.

thanks, I thought so..

as its not included in the groupe buy etither, theres not a lot I would want and id struggle to choose 25 products to get as well...
nevermind... GAS is bad... :ud: :neutral: :D
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:26 pm
thanks
No

you guys know how long the intro price and extra discount are offered?

I was just about to buy the collection and use JamPoints but I was so into downloading 100GB of SampleTank 4 soundfiles that the checkout page expired and I lost 39 JamPoints which haven't reapplied to my account even it's been over an hour since this happened.

(edit: got them back)
Last edited by J4R1O on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

^^^
Sales Support will sort you out (tomorrow, probably)..
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

There is something incredibly messed up about the group delay with these. Even if i ran a mix through my Fostex Model 250 about 10 times, i wouldn't get transients as messed up as just engaging an instance of one of these. Seems like the dynamic convolution part of the models impulses are f**ked or something. Could be possible since this is likely implemented with FIR. Not only that, but there's a stupid amount of pre-ringing on most of these. I'd say the ridiculous amount of group delay is the larger issue though. I tried the earlier IKM tapes and i don't remember them being this "smeared". Yeah, i know, cheaper decks, but anybody who has used portastudios or cassette decks probably knows that it doesn't destroy your transients THIS much even with subsequent passes.

They might be useful as a special effect, but i find it hard to believe these are accurate takes on the decks in question. Getting like guitar cabinet impulse level group delay from a cassette model??lol
Last edited by TIMT on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I

Anybody compared these with the Fuse TCS-68?
That is a 688 channel strip, but still.

Quick question for Peter,
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm Pricing and availability

The T-RackS TASCAM Tape Collection is available for purchase from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide at a special limited-time introductory price of $/€129.99* (reg. $/€199.99). The four included individual TASCAM tape machines can also be purchased separately for a limited-time introductory price of $/€79.99* (reg. $/€99.99).rl]
When does the "Intro Pricing" end?
This is never mentioned on the IKM page.

And yes, Ampex ATR 102 would be nice. Or like... really old Studers (not the usual suspects, I'm so done with Waves!).

Although personally, if IKM suddenly drops something out of the house of Grundig, Telefunken and/or Loewe, I'll definitely take a deep-dive. I'd love to have my Grundig TK747 in plugin form, or my late grandfather's Grundig "Bayreuth". No machine sadly works forever, but this certainly has sentimental value.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:25 pm And yes, Ampex ATR 102 would be nice.
Yep. IK has yet to give us a proper 30ips 2-track mixdown tape machine for the master buss.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Studer... I actually prefer a Studer over the Ampex... but I speak from limited experience with real machines, only the various plugin emulations that came so far.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well, the Studer A-80 was configurable as 24, 16, 8, 4, or 2 tracks. But it is universally thought of as a 24-track multi-track machine (and the first choice for multi-tracking). It's what I use on individual channels, so I really don't want to use the same tape machine model for my master buss mixdown machine, too. The Ampex ATR-102 at 30ips is the ideal machine for that task.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”