Valhalla users - which do you use more Vintage or Room?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just picked up Vintage to go with Room, both have different characters, how to define what they both suit is too early as I haven't had much time with Vintage yet. But Room definitely is a lush sounding clean verb.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

The favorite Valhalla reverb is Valhalla Delay :oops:

kritikon wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:18 am Nah, not falling for buying daft amounts of plugins again. It'll be one reverb, one delay.
:o That’s crazy talk! You might get banned here for such heresy! :D

Actually, my favorite Valhalla reverb is Supermassive!

noddog wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:57 pm Actually, my favorite Valhalla reverb is Supermassive!
Yeah, that one is really really good. I'd be happy with that one for reverb in my slower trippy stuff. I can't off the top of my head think of any other freebies which are such stunning quality. I'd almost pay for that one on its own.

I demoed both of them, ended buying Vintage and Delay from Valhalla. I would say it this way: Room is more natural sounding, Vintage is more musical. They both have their places, Room I would say it's better if you are doing like classical, jazz, blues, genres where the sound of room can bring life, while Vintage for me feels better for pop, EDM, chillout, lounge, ambiental even.
That's just my opinion and what I felt at the time when I tried them.

Delay is really amazing, it's worth every penny, it can also do reverbs.

I was thinking on getting Room or Plate too, but I do have Exponential Audio R2 and SoundToys LittlePlate to cover the rest. I think UberMod would be better choice for doubling vocals and not only.

I bought all their plug ins - I use plate the most, then vintage, then room.... usually I don't read 'the manual' but his explanations about the way the plug-ins work are very inspiring - I feel his enthusiasm - used Valhalla for about 8 years - never looked elsewhere for reverbs because V verbs give me everything I want.
Zen

i think i use vintage more.
been using plate more than room too.
but i wouldn't want to be without room.

skipped delay because Timeless3 does it for me.

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 am I use Room more than Vintage because I don't have a license for Vintage :wink:
:hihi:

Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:19 pm i think i use vintage more.

on what material or for what task do you prefer plate?

Tendou wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:16 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:19 pm i think i use vintage more.

on what material or for what task do you prefer plate?
Vocals and general short reverbs

Valhalla Plate is a masterpiece.

All his stuff is useful but lately I keep going for Plate.

It works on everything but is also one of the few ITB reverbs that gels really nicely with soft-synths.

Oh yes synths. It sounds wonderful on saws

Tendou wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:16 pm on what material or for what task do you prefer plate?
Here's a bit of perspective to consider: Alan Parson's has explained that during the recording of The Dark Side of the Moon, "virtually the only reverb used was the EMT-140 plate reverb."

Valhalla Plate is an EMT-140 emulation (though it goes beyond, of course).

I think people sometimes trap themselves with notions that certain verbs are only good for certain tasks (and Plates too often get the "vocals and snares!" trope thrown at them; not saying it's wrong, just that it's...limiting).

The truth is a Plate can sound good anywhere and everywhere. And if Pink Floyd can exclusively use a Plate reverb to record an album like Dark Side (including vocals, drums, guitars, organs, synths, samples...you name it!), well...... :phones:

I'm very happy having Plate, Room and Vintage.

There are reverbs out there that have more parameters than all 3 of them combined! So since they are relatively inexpensive and simple, just think of all 3 as one plugin and buy it. :hihi:

Return to “Effects”