Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCS-1 All-In Channel Strip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCS-1 All-In Channel Strip

VCS-1 ALL-IN CHANNEL STRIP RELEASE

COMPLETE, NOT COMPLEX!

If there is a single plugin to take to the desert island, it's the VCS-1. This zero latency channel strip integrates all the tools needed for instant signal enhancement and dynamics control… and then some! Complexity remains under the hood, as the user interface is based on a comprehensive, practical layout which supports a nimble workflow and is easy on the eyes.

POWERFUL PROCESSING TOOLS

The VCS-1 shapes your tones with a triple-topology preamp offering different styles of coloration, wide-ranged high/low pass filters and a full-fledged parametric 5-band EQ. Dynamics are controlled by a luxurious compressor/limiter section and a highly practical gate/expander stage, clearly visualized by a comprehensive gain reduction and level metering panel.

INTEGRATED ROUTING MATRIX

The individual processing sections are enhanced by highly flexible routing options. The filters and the equalizer can operate in stereo or mid/side mode, while the side-chain of the compressor can make use of the filters, the EQ, and external control signals. An additional mix stage allows on-board parallel compression, and every single section of the VCS-1 can be individually bypassed.

GLOBAL LINK GROUPS

The enormous processing power of the VCS-1 is rounded off by its capability of assigning individual plugin instances to virtual groups which share the same parameters all across your DAW, saving tons of time and effort. So, if you're looking for a single plugin to shape and process all of your signals, groups and busses in the most convenient way: Here you go.

ON SALE FOR ONLY $29 ($79 REGULAR) UNTIL DECEMBER 12TH 2021!

Download your fully functional 14-day trial here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wYmYco_YSg
Take a listen...

https://soundcloud.com/fuseaudiolabs/se ... d-examples

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/faq.html

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/support.html

Oh God. Do not need. Want. Do not need. Want.

Somebody test it and tell me it's terrible, please.

At the intro price-point I'm already thinking no brainer. I bet the preamp drive will be worth it alone. Looking forward to trying this later :phones:

You know you don't need to demo when it's a Dratwa.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:10 am Oh God. Do not need. Want. Do not need. Want.

Unfortunately it looks pretty great.

The only quick criticism would be with regards to EQ section - I'd rather see the knob faces coloured rather than just the "notch", because it would be much easier to visually locate knobs belonging to same band. You know, like in that other most famous channel strip ;)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

One of the only dev’s where a 14 day trial seems way too long. Purchased!

Way to go Fuse!!

Instant purchase for me

antic604 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:28 am
ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:10 am Oh God. Do not need. Want. Do not need. Want.

Unfortunately it looks pretty great.

The only quick criticism would be with regards to EQ section - I'd rather see the knob faces coloured rather than just the "notch", because it would be much easier to visually locate knobs belonging to same band. You know, like in that other most famous channel strip ;)
I tend to agree, especially as there is no additional separation like a thin line, and the Q knobs are alternating on the left and right side. Could probably be easier on the eyes. But judging from the screenshot only so far, so maybe it’s not a biggie in actual use.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice.
Is the GUI resizeable?
Is there any preset browser?
I wish there had a couple of compressor models to choose from (like VCA / Opto / Fet).

god. I hate channel strips in general - they dont fit my workflow.
But the orange meters look so much like my RTW plazma i want it for the meters alone

Vortifex wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:22 pm Also for some reason FL Studio identifies the VST2 version as both an effect and instrument, not sure why that happens.
Because it's a very musical EQ??

sinkmusic wrote: Is the GUI resizeable?
Yes, as it is usual with Fuse plugins. Five different sizes.
sinkmusic wrote: Is there any preset browser?
No
sinkmusic wrote: I wish there had a couple of compressor models to choose from (like VCA / Opto / Fet).
That would be cool.
Last edited by fese on Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have a bit of a problem with the mixer view. It steals the key command <F3> from Cubase, which is the default for opening the mixer windows. If a plugin uses key commands, it would be nice if they were user configurable.

fese wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:50 pm I have a bit of a problem with the mixer view. It steals the key command <F3> from Cubase, which is the default for opening the mixer windows. If a plugin uses key commands, it would be nice if they were user configurable.
You can also use the ‘m’-key instead.

Return to “Effects”