Otto Audio The II II II II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, I may have passed by and haven't seen anything about this ampsim around here yet: the II II II II, from Otto Audio.

https://ottoaudio.net/

Well, it's been a while since I'm preparing a (non-sponsored) youtube video to show up some things about the II II II II, but as a Brazilian, that almost don't speak in English on a regular basis - yeah, I've been reading and writing/typing a lot, but not speaking - I'm still trying to 'betterize' some parts of the vídeo 'til it make its way to youtube, to not sound like a moron.

Well... this is the track I composed for the video. I'll let it here if any of you wanna listen to it before the video is released there. Just keep in mind that this track isn't finished yet. I barely mixed it - in fact, I've only done the level set, and processed the bass and the guitar solo -, but it was the intention, as I'm doing a review of the II II II II, that is the ampsim I'm using for all guitars in the track, and didn't want to do much processing on there avoiding to mask the sound of the plugin itself. The rhythms was quad tracked, and I used different settings (and levels) for the "main rhythm" and the "reinforcement rhythm".

SoundCloud - Otto Audio - The II II II II

Hope you like it.
Last edited by The_Ogre on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

Your link is broken :(

I'm very tempted by the 11 11 11 11, it's definitely one of the most brutal ampsims I've tried, and it has a lot of options too. I've been demoing it for the last week and am on the fence (undecided) about whether to buy it or not.... it's expensive and even with the current 30% off it's still quite an investment.

Well, we'll see how this month goes, but it's an amazing ampsim for sure if you like brutal guitar sounds.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:09 pm Your link is broken :(

I'm very tempted by the 11 11 11 11, it's definitely one of the most brutal ampsims I've tried, and it has a lot of options too. I've been demoing it for the last week and am on the fence (undecided) about whether to buy it or not.... it's expensive and even with the current 30% off it's still quite an investment.

Well, we'll see how this month goes, but it's an amazing ampsim for sure if you like brutal guitar sounds.
cprompt, I fixed the link in the post above!

Well. I can't tell you if it's the most brutal ampsim out there, as I don't tried all of them, but it definitely is heavy as hell. But even being a metal machine, it's able of some mid-crunch too (and here, that topology section is the key), but don't expect a cleaner or some edge of breakup tones coming from it.

About the price, yeah, I can understand, specially as a third world citizen. kkkkk I bought it not much after its launching, as I was able to got a 50% voucher, which helped a lot. At the full price, for me, would be a turn off (and this is the motif I don't have any of the NDSP yet).
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

The_Ogre wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:48 pm cprompt, I fixed the link in the post above!
Song sounds great, awesome playing, really enjoyed listening to it :tu:
The_Ogre wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:48 pmAbout the price, yeah, I can understand, specially as a third world citizen. kkkkk I bought it not much after its launching, as I was able to got a 50% voucher, which helped a lot. At the full price, for me, would be a turn off (and this is the motif I don't have any of the NDSP yet).
NDSP tend to do 50% off over Black Friday which makes them only quite expensive! I've picked up a couple that way. Glad you got 11 11 for 50%, I missed that offer which makes the current 30% off a bit of a turn-off for me as I know there'll be a better deal in the future.

cprompt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:57 pm Song sounds great, awesome playing, really enjoyed listening to it :tu:
Thanks bro. I really appreciate!
:tu:
cprompt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:57 pm NDSP tend to do 50% off over Black Friday which makes them only quite expensive! I've picked up a couple that way. Glad you got 11 11 for 50%, I missed that offer which makes the current 30% off a bit of a turn-off for me as I know there'll be a better deal in the future.
Yeah! I saw it last year, but I wasn't sure about the different ampsims yet, as I was still switching for the digital world last year's Black Friday (my tube amps are on queue since the beginning of this year, waiting for the gigs to start over being used again).

Maybe I'll grab one of their offerings this year, don't know. Their thing is the heavier stuff too, and I was looking to buy the SLO, but after I grabbed the II II II II and the new one from Kazrog, and now the new update on the Mercuriall (U530 Ampbox) was just released, I'm felling I almost don't need anything else for higher gain tones. So, maybe I'll keep without a NDSP in another BF.
:hyper: :hihi:

The_Ogre wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:13 pmI grabbed the II II II II and the new one from Kazrog, and now the new update on the Mercuriall (U530 Ampbox)
Three very good ampsims indeed. The new Ampbox is really good, so useful (I have U530, Euphoria and Reaxis) and sounds great.

II II II II is definitely on my shortlist :love:

cprompt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:19 pm Three very good ampsims indeed. The new Ampbox is really good, so useful (I have U530, Euphoria and Reaxis) and sounds great.
From Mercuriall, I don't have only the ReAxis and Spark now. But yes, they're amazing too... different from the others, but as good as! Euphoria and U530 were probably the ones I was using the most (together with the Aurora DSP Rhino, that I forgot to mention earlier) prior to buying the II II II II.

cprompt wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:19 pm II II II II is definitely on my shortlist :love:
When you have the chance, grab it. It totally worth the money spent.
:tu:

Bought this today because it's just awesome. Super heavy, super brutal yet it has clarity and definition, it's not just a mess of gain and noise. Also, with the different tone selections, impedance curves, cabinets, blah blah blah there are so many options it's just really enjoyable, so many different sounds to be found!.

My guitar playing is still crap but at least I have fun!

Hey guys, I released a video about this ampsim yesterday on my youtube channel, if anyone is interested to know more about it. That was my first review, and I hope the effort helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc1uL2PUG-U

Nice video dude, and really great playing too. I've really been enjoying this ampsim - it's ultra-heavy but retains a lot of clarity without the flubbiness and muddiness in the bass that a lot of ampsims have.

Thanks mate! I put some effort to try to communicate the best I could, my English is far from what it once was! Not talking for so long made me rusty, I hope I can make some more videos to help with this too. This ampsim deserves more reach, 'cause it's versatile and can covers a lot of ground.

Return to “Effects”