How do you use Output Portal?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
c_voltage
KVRAF
2051 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:06 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:01 pm
Oh! Ok ok I see. I've noticed that in many other FX plugins as well, delays and reverbs in which the tail stops when the DAW transport stops. It can have its utility sometimes though, especially with ultra long tail.
Heh well, i would say not in many, rather in some, but yes.
Although there is many scenarios, when we can wants to use fx plug without sequencer playback (well, in modular like fashion).

c_voltage
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:17 am

Oh sorry, actually i'm was not exactly right, because i thought (meant) that feedbacks will not works without daw playback at all, that not true (it's just stops together with transport stop).
I apologize, sleepless nights lol, I completely forgot changing the source to non-playable for processing to check.

Ok. But what regards Offset problem, this is still relevant.

Kinh
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1760 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Post Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:14 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:39 am
Kinh wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:17 pm
I can make these kinds of sounds too but the problem I have with it is you can't apply it to a beat or anything.
Why? Of course you need some basic arrangement and mixing skills… As I mentioned already its about spice, not the main ingrediences…
Think drop maybe if you are a beat junky without imagination of anything without beat…
what??

c_voltage
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:55 pm

During uninstall found installed dll's of Portal (both vst2 and 3) at root of system C partition, not sure if it normal practice for Output stuff, or this is because thru Splice, idk.

Return to “Effects”