ArtsAcoustic just updated their website with a new privacy policy, are they actually alive?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm absolutely certain that the Privacy Policy and Impressum links were never in the right hand sidebar of the AA website: http://artsacoustic.com

After all, I've been watching every few months for the last 5 years to see what's going on ...

Just thought it was worth mentioning. I'm still dreading the day ArtsAcoustic Reverb stops working.

their shop advertises the spring offer 2016, the last news is from 2016 (and even this was after 3 years! and only to get people into buying...) and they haven't given any form of statement or any signs of life in any forum whatsoever. dead company :shrug:

don't know about privacy policy or impressum but if they've changed it this may only be because they still offer an automatic service for license sending and so on. maybe they won't just put down their website.

Yep, they are still alive in terms of customer support (I can personally vouch for this as Alexander from AA kindly helped me with an issue regarding Big Rock last week).
However, I'm not entirely confident that they will be developing new software anymore.
I may well be wrong but my interpretation is that they're happy to help out existing customers but perhaps other things in life have now taken precedence over creating/updating software.

BigRock still has that weird feedback bug.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

denormal bug i think.?
ear and speaker destroying DOOM.

i can vouch for no customer support whatsoever. personally. several support emails ignored, couldn't even confirm a new email address and get my serials re-sent there.

and the compressors and phaser suffering this denormal bug on both windows and osx. loading an existing project containing CL or BigRock is pretty much touch and go. If the project doesn't crash, it loads ok but crashes if you open the GUI, OR, it loads with a KILLER denormal blast. It's intense. On windows the compressor used to sometimes even trigger a BSOD. on both OS, opening the GUI can cause a major instant crash. Loading an instance will often cause an instant DAW crash. loading an instance while playing the song will generally crash the DAW. loading an instance on a CPU intensive project is almost guaranteed to crash the DAW. this has been maybe 10 years now. It can be a tad random and possibly even rare, but twice bitten - three times aint gonna fuckin happen. It's a shame cos they sound so good, and SO light on the CPU.

Sounds pretty bad sqigls (and I believe you).
I honestly can't account for why my emails from a couple of weeks ago got answered and yours (and others') haven't.
I just used the usual sales email quoted on the company support webpage.
And I can do a screenshot (with my email address blacked out) to prove the correspondence over 5 emails took place but I doubt that will make you any happier.
Genuinely, I've always found Nick (and his team) at AAR to be easy to contact and get customer support from. Hopefully other people's email queries will also get answered too.
Cheers

Return to “Arts Acoustic”