How not to master an album.. holy crap?!?!?!?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The last two Muse albums sound like some drunk guy screaming in my ears in a loud bar. I'm not sure if this was a creative decision or not, but I think it sounds horribly obnoxious.
And yes, this was my opinion before I saw these waveforms, faulty or not.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

it seems you got a moody cd

i have had this happen before but it was with a jet star compilation

i agree with jens! its close to imposable to judge the sound of something by a peak file

dre 2001 has a few tracks that look f**ked & sound really shite if played on a bad mono setup

(as in not tru mono i mean where the tracks are mixed but where only 1 side of the image is used <kind of like how some of the reggae sound systems set up left as bass & right as mid & top using a stereo EQ as a crossover)

but when you play them on a stereo set up they sound really good IMO <dre day for example>

Subz

djsubject wrote:it seems you got a moody cd

i agree with jens! its close to imposable to judge the sound of something by a peak file

dre 2001 has a few tracks that look f**ked & sound really shite if played on a bad mono setup

(as in not tru mono i mean where the tracks are mixed but where only 1 side of the image is used <kind of like how some of the reggae sound systems set up left as bass & right as mid & top using a stereo EQ as a crossover)

but when you play them on a stereo set up they sound really good IMO <dre day for example>

Subz

I'm sorry but anyhing mastered like that is not going to sound really good no matter what.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

djsubject wrote:it seems you got a moody cd

halluyah!!!

I was very glad to hear other people's version sounds good (and that cds can be printed with errors), this means I can order a new one knowing it won't sound the same.

I wonder where I can send my copy to to ask for my money back?.. I'm not going to pay twice for the same cd
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

you can't shine a turd

seamoss wrote:you can't shine a turd
I'm sure you can get a spray can for that somewhere
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Production Techniques”