KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC01, June 2014 - Submissions Feedback and Q&A

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll do one too. I realize it's not going to be the is all end all of mixes, but I'd like to make a submission for criticism.

Actually, Mine is mostly done, I just got pissed about all the rules and stopped.

Please DO NOT post your tracks in this thread. Contest is over, if you want criticism and feedback on your mix then I would suggest music cafe forum. Thank you very much for understanding.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

I open the field for feedback on the submissions and general Q&A.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

satYatunes wrote:Please DO NOT post your tracks in this thread. Contest is over, if you want criticism and feedback on your mix then I would suggest music cafe forum. Thank you very much for understanding.
fine

Would someone like to kick off some feedback on someone's mix? I think there is plenty to say :) I at least hope we can get some pros and cons of our mixes at least!

[rant]
If this were my competition, feedback would be mandatory. We should be able to learn from each other.
[/rant]

camsr wrote:Would someone like to kick off some feedback on someone's mix? I think there is plenty to say :) I at least hope we can get some pros and cons of our mixes at least!

[rant]
If this were my competition, feedback would be mandatory. We should be able to learn from each other.
[/rant]
Sure. I will give you some C&C later this week when I have found some time. I am pretty short on time right now.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

hibidy wrote:I finally get around to compfox'es mix and it's 404 not found :hihi:
I actually realized this myself today while I was at a friends place and asked for honest feedback. I did get some valid points addressed, like: chorus harmonies are maybe a bit too prominent (needs different EQ to fit better), maybe a tad more more reverb on the main vocals or a different transition effect, main vocals could need some more mid range cut (realized this myself on a different set of speakers), kick drum a little bit too low and not as punchy as all other productions, etc.

And I think I'll address that with a slight update within the next weeks.

Thankfully the link in the "Vote" thread was working, else I would have disqualified myself. Don't know why I actually changed it. But I just fixed my post above. Go ahead and listen now if you wan to.

hibidy wrote:I think personally now that the "contest is over" and there are no more rules we should post our mixes and continue by actually listening and critiquing each other :)

Yeah, I know, that's not going to happen.
If nobody gives any feedback - then it won't indeed happen.

Regarding "submissions that didn't make it in time... I don't want to be the final judge on this. We're three people working on the MC now...

Maybe we will find a solution with a tag like "NON-OFFICIAL CHALLENGE RELEASE" or something. This way you can still get some feedback indeed. Please let Eric and Satya further comment on this.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Production Techniques”