KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC04 September 2014 - Winners announced.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is no scoring system anymore like with the earlier MC's. Only the winners podium.
So we'll never know.

Congratulations to the winners. If you decided on your pick, then please get in touch with Satyatunes, state your pick, your full name and Email address. Then the licenses will be sorted out.

If you want to give feedback on the new "evaluation" system and the "statistics sheet", please do so in the Gossip Thread where we already talk about the latter.

Else, see you on MC05.
And remember, if you have a song for the Mix Challenge to mix, please get in touch with us.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Also my Congratulations to the winners! :clap: :clap:
Next time it is my pleasure to choose the winners. 8)
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Congratulations to the winners.

As compy mentioned already please send me your details and your choice through PM.

No_Use - A great presentation with the winner's podium image. Thanks for taking time to decide the winner. We really appreciate it.

Thanks to all contestants and sponsors. See you all in MC05.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Thanks also from the Knattertones - was nice to hear the different workouts :)

1 : We choosed mwaudioprods mix because it was very nice in the complete sound. The guitar is a bit thin, but the organ sound is very nice, without much effects.. I like it even more than on our CD :) I used no rotary sound at this time.

2 : jhkennedy5s mix is very low in effects, has kind of oldscool radio sound. Fits well to punk-rock, all instruments are present and clear.

3 : 3ee made a very offensive mix, much treble but nice rough sound. Some of us rated it as No 1 or 2.

At least, most of us favorited the mix of our CD (recording and mixing by No_use, Mastering Valeri Igla ) but it was real long work, and it was our choice too, so we dont dislike it, of course :)
Some aspects of your mixes was very nice, it would be cool to take some parts of everything.. but the CD is pressed, anyway :)

Here are links to our final versions.. I will take the wav-link down soon, the mp3 link will stay longer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gjuzqj8fyizi ... qOrEa?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gjuzqj8fyizi31k/AAB7PkWlK1Fpy6VMi6b6qOrEa?dl=0)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igl08xq1hhsv ... fudqa?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igl08xq1hhsv8qb/AACzRVTgWGoCE8DBYVORfudqa?dl=0)

(The licence is CC-noncomercial, no derivates exept with permission)

Cheers from Berlin, Henri

Knatt-Henri wrote:3 : 3ee made a very offensive mix, much treble but nice rough sound. Some of us rated it as No 1 or 2.
1st of all, thanks for the feedback and the song to mix! :tu:

offensive mix? :lol:
was it really that trebbly? :o I might be having some problems with the monitoring system then, I always considered my mix to be in the "normal-modern" range treble wise. If someone else finds my mix that treble full, please let me know.

3ee wrote:
Knatt-Henri wrote:3 : 3ee made a very offensive mix, much treble but nice rough sound. Some of us rated it as No 1 or 2.
1st of all, thanks for the feedback and the song to mix! :tu:

offensive mix? :lol:
was it really that trebbly? :o I might be having some problems with the monitoring system then, I always considered my mix to be in the "normal-modern" range treble wise. If someone else finds my mix that treble full, please let me know.
Don't want to speak for Henri of course but that's maybe a translation slip. He also sent me these descriptions in German and there it's written "Etwas viel Höhen, aber hat ein schön offensives Klangbild.", which would be translated more as "A bit much treble but nicely agressive" rather than offensive (which I think has actually rather a negative connotation).

Hi 3ee,

ja, offensive in the meaning of punk-style.
I realized this the first day we heared it, and its quite more trebbly than the others, so I mentioned it.
At the beginning I didnt like that, because I care a bit for my ears, but later I liked it. The whole mix caches the punk style at the one side and kind of Madness style "nutty-sound" on the other side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRANzd9a6l4

The sound systems we used were also just what we had.. some car-radios and the (quite trebbly) sound system at our rehearsal room.
So it might be kind of a subjective impression too :)

(and by the way: our whole band is a bit treble-orientated.)

Thanks for the confirmation, thought I might have some problems with the monitoring system for a moment! :)
I always considered myself fairly conservative when it comes to treble, always careful not to add too much... but I totally understand "Etwas viel Höhen, aber hat ein schön offensives Klangbild." has almost nothing to do with: " 3ee made a very offensive mix, much treble but nice rough sound" after translation. :hihi:

My mix however, I maybe added 1-2 db extra highs here and there to compensate for a more (as I know it) -punk- than -ska- sound... so yeah, more offensive :D anyway... thanks again! :)

Knatt-Henri wrote:...

1 : We choosed mwaudioprods mix because it was very nice in the complete sound. The guitar is a bit thin, but the organ sound is very nice, without much effects.. I like it even more than on our CD :) I used no rotary sound at this time.

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you like my mix so well! It was the first time for me that I have mixed such a genre. You have provided great tracks and it has been great fun to me, to mixing this. Many thanks for it!

Return to “Production Techniques”