How to create a convincing horn section?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you tried with a slow delay effect? That for me sometimes was the one thing which fooled the ear to not notice the syntheticness of horn sections made out of sample library wind instruments.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Have you tried... looking at what date the thread stems from?
[/NecroAlert]
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:Have you tried... looking at what date the thread stems from?
[/NecroAlert]
Wow, the guy who reanimated the thread must´ve been looking for this subject for some reason and then come across this one, prolly not considering the timestamp :)
Best Regards

Roman Empire

I was so entertained with the answers that didn't perceive it's a 4 yo thread.

Great knowledge here, nevertheless.

dark_virus wrote:I was so entertained with the answers that didn't perceive it's a 4 yo thread.

Great knowledge here, nevertheless.
Same here, and yeah; I´m sure that sooner or later some horn arranger will come across this and find them useful.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Big Fish audio has some very good brass/ horn sample sets; I think that is where it starts, getting something digital that sounds like something real.

From there its just about finding how these instruments are played (their notes may be situated differently from a keyboard where they might jump from one key to the next due to easy of playability), and then how are the individual instruments typically arranged to interact with one another. Many of Dr. Dre tracks have decent orchestral riffs in them that may be played live but are fitted into a programed track, seeing how other people do it is a good way to learn by emulating.
https://www.likenoorange.com
Premium Sound Sets and ReFills

Return to “Production Techniques”