KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC17 December 2015 (#HolidayMix) - Winners announced

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Jeff,

I fully understand why you have been offline all the time. You and your wife had a very hard time. Good to hear that things turned better. All my best wishes to your wife!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Hey, Jeff.

There's no need to apologize. Everything is going to be better know! :pray:
Welcome back.

Thank you all for participating in the contest and thank you even more for your kind, understanding words. My wife has undergone surgery for her cancer and she's up and about, back at work. Her doctor says the cancer is gone and it is VERY unlikely to return. Your kind words tell what kind of people you are and I am thankful for every one of you who expressed concern. Thank you all.

Now, let's get to the mixes!

Piranha81

Love the kick drum! Sounds a bit too metal for this song though. But that's my only nit and it doesn't bother me that much. Good job!

G-Liou

Love the snare sound! And no other nits! Good job! Extra points for leaving the dog bark!!!!

Thiagoam88

Piano stands out to me immediately. Like it a lot! Is there a slap or some kind of double on the bass? The timing is off and it's distracting. Other than that, good job!

Photonic

Nice solid mix all the way through. Love the delay on the slide guitar during the ending. Good job!

VasDim

Love the snare! Cymbals seem to be panned a little wide. Good balance otherwise. Nice job!

Kolyev

Piano sounds great! Not too much on it to distract once the slide comes in. Slide is just slightly back of the mix. Love it! Bass guitar is a bit loud in the quieter sections. Extra points for leaving the dog bark! Good job!

Eric Tracks

Piano has a mellow tone to it but bright. Bass seems a bit loud in the quieter sections of the song. Kick is pretty low in the mix, which is not necessarily a bad thing but it should be a bit more prominent in this type of mix. There is a weird wobble in the right channel at the very end. I don't know what it is but it's very distracting. Extra points for leaving the dog bark! Nice job!

You all did very nice work on your mixes. Sometimes things get forgotten at mix time and the most important thing you should ask yourself with every mix decision you make (IMHO) is, "Is it good for the song?"

Now, the winner will be announced on August 1st... haha, just kidding! HEY, PUT THAT DOWN!

The winners are:

1. G-Liou!

2. Phtonic

3. Kolyev

4. VasDim

5. Piranha81

Again, thank you and congratulations to all who participated!

Thank you very much for the final evaluation, Jeff.

With that said - a big thank you to all participants. Since these were the Christmas holidays, we have 5 winners and therefore 5 licenses to pick up. Though please keep in mind, the sponsorship by JRR shop changed by now... it's not Sonivox anymore, but Audified STA Preamp.

Congratulation to the winners. :clap:
We now perform with the usual-usual.

Also... please keep in mind that we look for new audio material to mix. Else... see you in the next challenge. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Congratulations to all winners.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Congrats to all the winners and a word of support for Jeff and his wife, I wish you the best for future.

Congratulations to G-Liou :clap: :tu:
for winning this round!

And also congrats to Kolyev, VasDim and Piranha81 for your top places :clap:
I am more than happy with the seconds place. Thank you very much Jeff!

For the prize, I will forward to Kolyev. I allready have everything from the pool which I can use. So, after G-liou has choosen his prize, it's your turn Kolyev!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Wow!! I'm really excited to be the winner of this mix challenge! It means that I can finally produce mixes of decent quality and will certainly push me to grow better!
Congrats to Photonic, Kolyev, VasDim and Piranha81! Great mixes guys!

Jeff, thanks a lot for the evaluation. Best wishes to you and your wife! I sincerely hope that your troubles have come to an end.

As for the prize I'll go with Acon Digital Verberate.

Next up is Kolyev then. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

That's some very good news, Jeff! I'm glad everything went well.

Congratulations to all winners!

I'm really happy with my 3rd place as the competition was really strong.
Congrats to G-Liou for your top place! Well deserved. Congrats also to photonic, vasdim and Piranha81! :tu:

I think I will go with the Tone2 Akustix/Warmverb bundle.

Next in line is VasDim then. :tu:

Congrats to all winners.
I will go with the Acon Digital Defilter.

Finally, we have Piranha81. :tu:

Being a guitar player I will choose, if still possible, the Torpedo Wall of Sound III.
Congratulation to all the winners and a big hug to StClair; sometimes life can be really thoug, I wish everybody to always find the strengt to go on and never surrender in front of a problem!

Return to “Production Techniques”