Data-visualizing a mix, for a song release

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The singer for this Ukranian band Obiymy Doschu is an engineer for Mapbox and data-visualized the mix for the release of a new song, Razom. The size of each musician changes depending on their role in the song. It's like a music video that helps one listen more closely to the composition:
http://rain.in.ua/razom/en.html
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

That's a damn cool concept. Can't think of many places where it would be very useful, though. Maybe in concerts of classical music as an aid for hearing-impaired people.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote:That's a damn cool concept. Can't think of many places where it would be very useful, though. Maybe in concerts of classical music as an aid for hearing-impaired people.
You needn't be hearing-impaired to lack an understanding of what is going on. I'm trying to learn composition by transcribing music, and sometimes even simple stuff is full of surprises. For instance, I guess Elton John doubled a lot of melodies with banjo. I never noticed until someone pointed it out on a podcast or something like that.

funky lime wrote:You needn't be hearing-impaired to lack an understanding of what is going on
On that webpage the band says Razom was in their repertoire for ten years,
"but only now it finally reached it's final studio sound with the help of a charming string quartet, and sparks with new colors in masterful hands of a British sound producer and musician Bruce Soord."
So it seems the quartet and producer helped the band understand the potential in their own familiar song, and they made a video to help their fans appreciate it, too.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Production Techniques”