need a bit help on a genre and some other question

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

for quite sometime i have been making dubstep and chillstep type of music
but recentely i fell in love with tis video i watched on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBY6wu5wCnU

..................................................................................................................................
i am willing / give a shot to this 100bpm genre (is this glitch hop?? or some other genre i am confused)

and

and (how/what) are the key features (made)
i mean the layout and sound design

and what vsts i need to use??
(something like glitch ore something??)

any king of suggestion will be appreciated
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I think you'll get a long way with a decent bit crusher and distortion unit, so mostly effects.
Apply them to sines, squares and sawtooths from just about any VST-instrument and then sidechain it all like you never sidechained before.
Maybe some chorus for good measure.

I don't think you need any VST's for glitching in particular, you could probably automate something really simple with filters and by using 1/32 and 1/64 notes stacked together intstead of 1/8.
Yamaha HS7 - HD600 - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Akai MPK261
www.soundcloud.com/frozen_orb
www.facebook.com/frozenorbmusic

candybag wrote:I think you'll get a long way with a decent bit crusher and distortion unit, so mostly effects.
Apply them to sines, squares and sawtooths from just about any VST-instrument and then sidechain it all like you never sidechained before.
Maybe some chorus for good measure.

I don't think you need any VST's for glitching in particular, you could probably automate something really simple with filters and by using 1/32 and 1/64 notes stacked together intstead of 1/8.
oh thanks for the help
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Thats a perfect example for the new generation of chillstep or drum and bass

Nice bike :wheee:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Nice bike :wheee:
lol

Return to “Production Techniques”