Seeking free mixing for one song

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi friends,

We are a band called the "Living=Room".

Recently, we recorded "November Rain" by G'N'R.

We are seeking any kind soul out there who could mix the song free of cost. Do PM us with your contact details, so that we can e-mail the stems via google drive.

Here's the rough mix...

https://soundcloud.com/livingroomtheban ... -rough-mix

We are pretty low on the budget, hence the pro bono request!

Thanks in advance :)
Last edited by Living Room on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Best of luck finding a guy generous enough to mix your song for free.

You're gonna need it.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Are you expecting to make money from this track once it's mixed? If so, pay someone to do it.
If not, still pay someone to do it. You tend to value things at the amount you pay for them.

Or..

[Seeking free song for one mixing.]

We are a studio called the "Bath=Room".

Recently, we mixed "Singin' in the Rain" by G'N'K.

We are seeking any kind soul out there who could write us a song free of cost. Do PM us with your contact details, so that you can e-mail us the stems via google drive.

Thanks in advance

L

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote:Best of luck finding a guy generous enough to mix your song for free.

You're gonna need it.
Thanks for your wishes :-)

anzoid wrote:Are you expecting to make money from this track once it's mixed? If so, pay someone to do it.
If not, still pay someone to do it. You tend to value things at the amount you pay for them.
We are a band of friends and aren't looking at monetizing this :)

Why all the hate? lots of people work for free as hobbyists. Give the guy a break :roll:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

h2ogun99 wrote:Or..

[Seeking free song for one mixing.]

We are a studio called the "Bath=Room".

Recently, we mixed "Singin' in the Rain" by G'N'K.

We are seeking any kind soul out there who could write us a song free of cost. Do PM us with your contact details, so that you can e-mail us the stems via google drive.

Thanks in advance

L
Hey buddy,

You are so funny. You just made me puke. Stay classy!!!

ramseysounds wrote:Why all the hate? lots of people work for free as hobbyists. Give the guy a break :roll:
Thanks for the kind words :)

ramseysounds wrote:Why all the hate? lots of people work for free as hobbyists. Give the guy a break :roll:
I think it's more defense of the audio engineering profession than hate over this particular guy.

The argument is why should he have his song mixed for free, but mixers can't have his song for free?
My latest release 'News to Me' features at #4 on Traxsource Essential Garage charts: https://www.traxsource.com/title/924594/january-29th

If you're just a band of friends and not interested in monetizing....learn to mix. It'll be worth it.

You'll make mistakes, but if you're not sending it out to publish it anywhere then you're free(er) to make them, and learn doing it. And if you get to the point where you want to release something professionally, you'll hopefully have half the job done before a pro mixer touches it.

The only people I can think will be willing to give up their time to do it are likely to be people in that learning position, trying to get experience in actually doing it in the field, as it were. No disrespect intended (doesn't hurt to ask, even if it's unlikely to get you anywhere) but you might as well DIY, imo.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

Haha typical KVR, nobody wants to actually help, everyone is nasty and preachy. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Why don't you contact your local audio engineering college - Students generally need to find bands to record and mix.

You'd probably get free studio time in a decently kitted out space.

Living Room wrote:
Hey buddy,

You are so funny. You just made me puke. Stay classy!!!
Yes, I was being a bit harsh, and apologize for that.
However, as someone that has worked in the creative fields for 15+ yrs, few things bother me more than a request for free work.

Imagine asking a group of car mechanics for free work.
Imagine asking a group of accountants for free work.
Imagine asking a group of architects for free work.
and so on...

A person's time is incredibly valuable regardless of their level of professionalism. And seeking another person's time, for free, where you're the only one to gain - that gets to me, and others too.

Again, sorry for the sarcasm.

L

h2ogun99 wrote:Imagine asking a group of car mechanics for free work.
Imagine asking a group of accountants for free work.
Imagine asking a group of architects for free work.
and so on...
Well, imagine that! It's an old good practice, called Pro Deo or Pro Bono 8-)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Production Techniques”