Any psychil tutorials?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I'd like to try some psychill, but never made one before and don't know where to start. What defines the genre, what are common sounds and techniques?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

DJ Warmonger wrote:What defines the genre, what are common sounds and techniques?
Not sure there are any. Psychill is an extremely broad term, it basically covers any downtempo music which is supposed to sound psychedelic, weird or abstract.

I think if you know how to make the typical psytrance sounds, all these squelches, farts, FM textures, acid synth lines, and also have some selection of glitch/trancegate/dub delay plugins and a good reverb for huge ambiences you are good to go.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Make a psytrance track, drop the tempo to 40bpm and remove the bass from the kick :hihi:

Okay, I'm ready now :lol:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Production Techniques”