Looking for Eq frequency diagram

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, the other day I was reading a thread that contained an image of a frequency guide but can't find it for the life of me. It was a simple guide and looked a bit like a flow chart, any ideas ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

MEqualizer also has one simple built in.

Thanks but I've googled loads of images and none seem to match the one I saw on here somewhere, can't even remember which forum it was in.When I get chance I'll draw what it looked like, that should make it easier to get what I mean.

Untitled.jpg
Its very similar to this, the horizontal lines are the frequencies, and I think the positions of the boxes is the stereo field
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nope, sorry, its neither of those

What made it special then?

It probably isn't special just visually clearer, I have a friend that needs a clear guide and I told him I had seen this one and he would like to see it. Now I'm doubting it was even KVR where I saw it, oh well.

I recognise the first of El-bo's recommendations and think both are pretty clear and good enough - especially if your friend hasn't seen it before.

That may be so but I would like to find the one I refer to if possible, thanks anyway

Chuffing eck I've just found it, it wasn't kvr at all but a " Mastering The Mix " article :dog: :oops:
Its about making "your 'drop' sound big"
And yea its a basic guide but I quite like it.

bibz1st wrote:Chuffing eck I've just found it, it wasn't kvr at all but a " Mastering The Mix " article :dog: :oops:
Its about making "your 'drop' sound big"
And yea its a basic guide but I quite like it.
Can you link it?
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

We have around 20 thousand frequencies to play with when we’re making music, and they run out pretty quickly! There’s a finite amount of space for you to work with before your sounds start overlapping. Try to minimise overlapping to get your audio sounding powerful. If frequencies do overlap, use the stereo width to add separation.
Mixing like this ("carving out the space" etc.) is one of the reasons a lot of modern music sounds so bad, IMO.

Return to “Production Techniques”