Do you use chord generator tools or similar plugins to create chords? Which ones?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you makin' da beatz for beyonce? :o
is she crazy? im sure i heard that somewhere :shrug:

is drake a duck?

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:05 pm is drake a duck?
Drake is da main man. Dude owns Toronto and basketball!!!
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:05 pm you makin' da beatz for beyonce? :o
is she crazy? im sure i heard that somewhere :shrug:
I have to say .. I think she makes good records. Her sister Solange makes better R&B but Beyonce last two were really good records. I am in the Kanye camp who believes that Beck stole the grammy from Beyonce !!

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Who is Beyonce ?
:?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Does she make her records? I'd love to see Iggy Pop making her next record :-)

sfd wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:38 pm Does she make her records? I'd love to see Iggy Pop making her next record :-)
Is Iggy still alive?

telecode wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:44 pm
sfd wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:38 pm Does she make her records? I'd love to see Iggy Pop making her next record :-)
Is Iggy still alive?
Yes !

And he is a true musician, behind his appearance.

And when he speaks (and sings) in French he produces more heat that Bayonsee in the hall !
:clap:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Is Iggy still alive?
Not easy to tell by looking at him, but...yes.

How do you spell the name of that girl ?

Bee Yonn See ?

I've never heard...

It seems Korean or Chinese as name. Well... Chinese, no, I would have known her in that case.

You said "R'n'B".
Hum... R'n'B... as the Platters, Ruth Brown, Gladys Knight and the Pointer Sisters ?

Sorry, my "R'n'B" culture stopped around the 80's.
:(
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well... I'm pretty sure that these true R'n'B singers and musicians knew the rules of the chord progressions without using any DAW.

They were true musicians, actually.

Yes. Sure, they were, them.

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:49 pm
Is Iggy still alive?
Yes !

And when he speaks (and sings) in French he produces more heat that Bayonsee in the hall !
I used to be into Iggy big time but I think I dropped off as a fan after American Caesar. I also hang out on the Steve Hoffman forums which I reserve for my nostalgia fix. I just checked him out. Iggy is fuggin 72 . Holy moley. I guess it makes sense. I recently read Chrissie Hyndes biography where she describes being obsessed with Iggy and following him around Ohio when she was 16 or something.

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:01 am Well... I'm pretty sure that these true R'n'B singers and musicians knew the rules of the chord progressions without using any DAW.

They were true musicians, actually.

Yes. Sure, they were, them.
Some of them yes. Depends where they grew up and raised. Apparently Nile Rogers "is" classically trained and knows this theory, but the main reason for that was back when he was a kid in high school, (late 60s or so) the music programs "where" much better funded and were a much more prominent element of the K-12 curriculum. If you are at all interested in some of the history, his bio is quite good and a good read. (The first part of it before he starts name dropping people of the 80s.) It gives a glimpse of what it was really like to grown up poor and black in late 60s and early 70s America. Not as much fun as it looked like in Blaxploitation movies.

telecode wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:03 am
BlackWinny wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:49 pm
Is Iggy still alive?
Yes !

I used to be into Iggy big time but I think I dropped off as a fan after American Caesar. I also hang out on the Steve Hoffman forums which I reserve for my nostalgia fix. I just checked him out. Iggy is fuggin 72 . Holy moley. I guess it makes sense. I recently read Chrissie Hyndes biography where she describes being obsessed with Iggy and following him around Ohio when she was 16 or something.

Maaannn!... All these girls around him when he was young, just to smell his pectorals, his abds and his armpits!

:love: :love: :love: :love: Image:love: :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

BlackWinny wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 pm How do you spell the name of that girl ?

Bee Yonn See ?

I've never heard...

It seems Korean or Chinese as name. Well... Chinese, no, I would have known her in that case.

You said "R'n'B".
Hum... R'n'B... as the Platters, Ruth Brown, Gladys Knight and the Pointer Sisters ?

Sorry, my "R'n'B" culture stopped around the 80's.
:(
Well, I call it RnB as it's a little closer to RnB of the 90s and 00s (Anita Baker, R Kelly e.t.c) than the newer mish mash of Soca and other beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjPpdJdQNEI

I fuggin love Solange. Any woman who kicks Jay Z in the ass in an elevator deserves my respect. :-)

Return to “Production Techniques”