I'm too perfectionist and spend 6 months - 1 year in avarage to complete songs. Am I alone? Hey,

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As long as you don't have the pressure of delivering... i don't see a problem in taking as long as you feel like.
Try to finish a song before a deadline - you will realize it's perfectly doable ;)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

PS but frankly, I accept micro-artifacts in my eh production. A fraction of unwanted distortion here and there. Where the distortion is created on purpose, of course.

I feel somewhat insecure now.. I have to listen back to what I have produced this week. A little prayer would be welcome!

I've got musician friends that have been doing home production for years and have never finished anything. They have some kind of mental block that stops them from finishing things, and they're always searching for that "something else" they need to acquire before they can finish their masterpiece... even as a bystander, it's all quite frustrating to witness.
So, I think just the ability to finish things in any time-frame is something of an accomplishment.

Do you ever consider just sitting with whatever instrument you play and just playing for the fun of it? Sometimes just playing aimlessly is a good way to enjoy music without having to worry about completing anything

Self imposed deadlines are good. Also, I use different DAWs - have a stage for creating everything on one DAW and then a mastering stage on a different DAW where you only work with audio stems you exported from the first DAW and then you can at least go from an infinite world of creation to a more finite world of production choices.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 pm Do you ever consider just sitting with whatever instrument you play and just playing for the fun of it? Sometimes just playing aimlessly is a good way to enjoy music without having to worry about completing anything
you mean, like a musician as oppose to a producer?
ie you dont feel the need for an end product?
you mad bro? wtf? its 2019!

Ha. I knew there was something wrong. Chaos. Made some adjustments and gonna listen again after the break. I had to deal with an incredible amount of effect. Lost half of my lead, but I have a good feeling about it.

This is a thread about perfection... I warned you guys 😊

I've taken the attitude to push a song out way before it's "perfect". Of course I hear what's wrong AFTER it gets released but I do my best not to make the same mistake twice.
It's better to make lots of songs that I'm quite happy, than just one that is "perfect". Because it will suck too and I have more listeners for 20 crap songs than I have for one perfect crap :lol:

excuse me please wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:12 pm Ha. I knew there was something wrong. Chaos. Made some adjustments and gonna listen again after the break. I had to deal with an incredible amount of effect. Lost half of my lead, but I have a good feeling about it.

This is a thread about perfection... I warned you guys 😊
chaos is perfection :ud:

Committing to a sound is difficult for many. I suggest keeping versions of the song with notes about your changes. Go back and listen to them to determine when/if the changes no longer made a significant improvement. You might find some older versions were better! Get some objective feedback from others on this.

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:07 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:49 pm Do you ever consider just sitting with whatever instrument you play and just playing for the fun of it? Sometimes just playing aimlessly is a good way to enjoy music without having to worry about completing anything
you mean, like a musician as oppose to a producer?
ie you dont feel the need for an end product?
you mad bro? wtf? its 2019!
must be i iz mad bro

+1 bruh
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:59 pm+1 bruh
one of nurse with wounds best tracks imo.

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Well at least you do complete songs at all...
that‘s one step ahead of the most of us
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Return to “Production Techniques”