Looking for a good Mixing Mastering Course

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinh wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:04 pm ya dont need a course! pretty much anyone can learn it and practically anyone does. Look at fiverr..full of amateur mixers charging 70 bucks to mix and master = no chance of us 'trained' engineers making anything. Over 7 thousand offering the same service on the same site. Too much supply, next to 0 demand.

Long story short, figure out why you wanna learn how to mix. If it's just to do your own material then great, if you wanna mix as a profession, forget about it, you'll make more as an uber driver or delivering pizzas part time.
Afuckingmen

It is a sad state of affairs we have all put ourselves in where the skilled craftsmen are now reviled by the people who claim to want them. People would rather insult the good craftsmen and overpay that $15 to the really shite ones. Which of course leaves them saying all Mix Engineers are rip-off merchants (except, of course, those selling their name on Wave Plugins to stay afloat).

The most common response I get when I offer that Mix Walkthrough video offer (a free mix kids) is anger. Like how dare I suggest I can do a better job than they can - even tho they started the thread by saying their mix was poor and wanted help.

People who say they want help, only want to be told how special & clever they are. I wish they'd simply start their posts honestly:
So, yo. I'm like feeling pathetic about my self and need you to all tell me how super awesome I am based on this really crappy effort I put into doing a half-assed clone of MC Shizzy Jizzer.
Signed: MC Jizzy Shizzer :hug:
:dog:

Before you send a snarky reply, riddle me an answer to this: How do we build something special out of this situation?

:-)

I found Mike Senior's "Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio" very helpful. It's clear, systematic, not too long and will apply to whatever software/gear you have.

I got some good ideas from the Art of Mixing video. I will take a look at Behind The Speakers too thanks arseniy2. I make synth music. Gotta say that's the loudest Soundcloud mix I've ever heard!!

badgrplayer wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:14 am
NTO wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:36 pm Couple hours of YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY
Dear god, this mustache is mesmerizing. :o
the whole thing is very "of its time" a little cheesy even, but the information is top notch :tu:

vurt wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:30 pm
badgrplayer wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:14 am
NTO wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:36 pm Couple hours of YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY
Dear god, this mustache is mesmerizing. :o
the whole thing is very "of its time" a little cheesy even, but the information is top notch :tu:
I agree, it's a little "out there" but overall the information is very accurate and useful. :tu:

I've watched the whole thing. Now I have Thomas Dolby in my head.

www.dancemusicproduction.com have some very detailed mixing and mastering tutorials

Youtube is great but personnaly I find books (with audio exemples) more pleasant to follow. For the basics I find Roey Izhaki's book pretty good: https://www.amazon.com/Mixing-Audio-Con ... 8&me=&qid=
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “Production Techniques”