Velocity changes and multiple notes in Ableton

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have this eight bar loop
bar.JPG
and want to change the velocity of every first note of the three notes, I can hold shift, click on every first note and change the velocity settings below. If I have done this and I am not satisfied with my settings, I have to do this all over again. Is there a way of doing this more efficiently?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:dog: This happens to be the bane of my existence!! Reaper has a script to select every nth note but it feels kinda jerry rigged to me. Is there any DAW that gets this right?

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5 ... ion-filter

The "Nth note" filter set to Every 3 would fit your pic.

You can ALT+drag up/down the notes instead of editing in the velocity editor in the bottom.

If you don't have M4L sometimes you can use Grooves for that kinda thing (if it is a regular pattern). Extract a Groove from that Clip, then you drag it back into a MIDI track slot in Session to edit the velocities. You can shorten to the size that fits the pattern you want repeating (so you can edit the pattern only once). In your pic I think you could shorten to a beat. Drag the edited Groove back into the Groove Pool (or just extract its groove). Then you assign that edited groove to that Clip you want to edit, set it to 1/16 (or what fits the notes, looks like 1/16 in the pic) and Velocity to 100%. Then you can "commit" to check the changes.

Thank you!

Return to “Production Techniques”