Online classes vs online courses for new producers

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I am a new producer (2 years) wanting to increase my skills in the most efficient way possible and I am willing to make the investment.

As you all know there are thousands of online courses out there and millions of videos in YouTube.

What do you think about paying a producer to teach me through online lessons?
Let's say 1 hour skype session, 2 times per week.
Has anybody have any experience learning or teaching this way? What do you think about the hourly rate?

I would say neither. A lot of these so called teachers dont know what the f#ck they're doing anyway, if they did why would they need to make a few bucks on the side.
And the people who do like Ryan Tedder will only teach you how to do it like them or how to sound like everyone else.
I wouldn't approach music from a methodical mind set, too many make that mistake.

Good YT channels are "House of Kush" and "Dan Worrall" IMHO. But I do not simply agree with everything they mention.
I have about 25 reference tracks and I think it's better to rely on those than on all which has been said about audio production. After all, they are the real thing.

Return to “Production Techniques”