Questions about installation

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I reinstalled both ChineeKong and ChineeGuzheng on a new computer tonight since I have upgraded to a completely new machine. I did not re-install the actual samples, though, since I use an external drive for all my samples. Do I need to reinstall in order to get some updated materials or is everything the same as before?

How do I point the ChineeGuzheng player to the samples? There does not seem to be a method like in ChineeKong to just navigate to where they are.

Also, where do I look in my computer for a system ID for a permanent key for both ChineeKong and ChineeGuzheng?

Thanks!

Hi Shane,

If I read you correctly, you are installing the plugins to a new computer. If that is the case, then yes, you'll have to install all the files again, including running the soundbank installers. The soundbank of Guzheng and Kong haven't been modified for a quite long time, so chances are your backup soundbank installers are the latest. I'll send you an email with the latest version so you can get them just in case.

Our plugin dlls have to remain in the relative folders with the sample sets. So if you want to keep the samples on an external drive, you'll have to install our plugins on the external drive first, then run the samplebank installers to put the sample sets to the external drive too.

There'll be a popup dialogue with your computer ID popping up about a week after the installation.

Thank you! :D

I'll send an email with my system ID when it's time to do so.

Return to “Kong Audio”