ChineeKong V2+!

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChineeKong V2+ Released
-------------------------------

Kong Audio is happy to release Chineekong V2+ (READ: PLUS), a powered-up version with additional 170 MB all-new content of new gongs, cymbals, drums and other Chinese percussion instruments, added to the original Chineekong V2. The upgrade is free for all existing registered Chineekong V2 users. Drop us a line or PM me here directly if you haven't received the update links yet.

Now Chineekong V2+, the flagship product of Chinee Series, comes to feature a total of 850 MB sample content covering a wide range the authentic Chinese percussion instruments.

For more info, please visit the links below:

The original ChineeKong V2 thread

http://www.chineekong.com/chineekong.htm
Last edited by sosayweall on Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hello sosayweall,

thanks a lot for an outstanding customer service : the Kong line of plugs is among the most updated ones. :)
I just downloaded the full installer !

So this brings a couple of questions now : what is the best, safest way to install this V2+ ?
Do I erase every previous component (soundbank, plug) in order to make this fresh install ?
And what about the authorization ? Will there be a new C/R to request, or will the old one still work with the new version ?

Another off-topic question : can we hope to expect something really new from Kong Audio before the end of the year ?
I'd like to expand my chinese arsenal !

Thanks in advance for those informations !

Hi sirbellog,

About installation: It seems that the best way is to simply download the big installer and run it to install the whole sample subsets to wherever you feel like. It's OK to overwrite the old soundbank folder. Previous authorization codes will still be valid.

The program installer will replace the old dll automatically - given that the previous version was still in the original installed path. If in doubt, use Windows Search to locate and get rid of the redundant dlls.

About all-new products: new products are planned to come in a bunch in 2009. Embrace yourself for that...:)

I got this product recently and am very happy with the collection of percussion samples, especially, the ChaoJu stuff. I am thinking if it is possible to set up an electronic percussion system for life performance with some drum pads and PC with this VSTi?

Could someone with the knowhow share your thoughts?

Glad to know you like our plugin. I don't know whether this info will be useful to you or not, but FYI anyway:

http://members.home.nl/mistermouse/dd55/dd55.htm

sosayweall wrote:Glad to know you like our plugin. I don't know whether this info will be useful to you or not, but FYI anyway:

http://members.home.nl/mistermouse/dd55/dd55.htm
I am not sure of a control pad like this.

But, when triggering via keyboard, the sound dispapper after the key is released. This make drumroll on a percussion sounds unreal. A real drum or cymbal will have a sustained sound after a each hit.

I am hoping that a controlpad (like the alesis contropad) will solve this problem. Pressumally, the "note off" MIDI message does not sent out from the pad.

Anybody got any idea?

I would love to have the list of subsets for ChineeKog again!
The link on your website doesn't work anymore. Or can I find it somewhere else?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, the link is fixed. There's also a subset translation list in the soundbank's package. Extract the soundbank and you will find it.

Return to “Kong Audio”