One engine for all instruments ?

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I wanted to ask if it would be possible in the future to use the same sample player for different Kong Audio instruments ? What I am thinking of is basically only one Kong Audio VST with the possibility of choosing the different libraries from within that instrument. Your instruments are really top notch but the more you buy the more time it takes to install/reinstall different engines, banks,updates, create folders. Many companies such as EW/QL, Kontakt Player 2 and Ueberschall Liquid products already have that "one engine for different libraries" approach.

I know that this is not going to happen overnight :wink: but maybe you could consider it for the future.

Very good point, Gustar.

I for one would appreciate something like that !

Yes,it sounds a good idea.maybe in the future...it can ru :oops: n in this way.

Thank you guys for the suggestions. It won't be easy to do it properly as it is, so it won't happen any time soon. But again, we'll think about it.

I support this idea very much.

I'd like to ask - how come these libraries are not in omnipresent Kontakt format? It also gives advanced scripting methods for more playability and tweakability.

All in all - terrific plugins, but having them all under ONE player has benefits:

1. easier updates - updating the player would update all installed instruments as well
2. unified interface
3. loading of multiple instruments over different MIDI channels
4. one entry in VST plugin list instead of 10+
5. etc.

So please, don't think about it, just do it. We can wait ;)

I would suggest switching to Kontakt format. Simply because it's the best out there.

If you indeed decide to switch to Kontakt format, I can be of much help when it comes to scripting in KSP!

Please, make the change :)

Return to “Kong Audio”