Kin Helper Tool Not Working

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello: I just had to deal with problems with Windows, tied as it turned out, to a bad DRAM stick and problems with the drivers of the digital audio device I was using. The primary problem was that I got Windows blue screens ridiculously often, but in spite of that, I had been able to install and register my Kong Audio instruments easily as intended, and they worked beautifully whenever the computer would work in spite of its problems. As I will explain, once I fixed the problem with the PC and went to reinstall my Kong Audio instruments, I find I am unable to register them using the typically easy mode you have set up, so I hope you can help me sort this out.

I was fortunate. I feared I would have to rebuild the PC, but it turned out to work fine once I removed the one bad stick of DDR4 (fortunately I had 64 GB of RAM, so I am down to 48, which is fine) and changed to a different digital audio device. Then, all I had to do was reinstall Windows and the problem with frequent blue screens has stopped. Of course, after that, the only problem was I had to reinstall and re-register all my software synths and samplers, and I have about 1 TB of installers to install, so it was a lot of time and work. Just the same, for the most part they are working beautifully. I say that in large part so you will understand that it is unlikely the problem I contact you about is tied to my computer. It is working beautifully, and everything but your products has installed and registered readily as it should.

I installed all my Kong Audio instruments yesterday. I downloaded the newest version of the Qin RV setup, and as it turned out, the installer for the BianZhiong Pro was faulty, so I downloaded a new copy of that. I installed the Qin RV first, as intended, and then I installed all the individual instruments I have licensed. Everything looks perfectly normal and functions as it normally does in the unregistered state. The problem is I used the Qin Helper tool, which has seemed to work so readily and well in recent time, and there was a major problem. I was able to open it up and enter my name and email address. I sent the info to you, and I promptly got back in email the tool that I was supposed to use to register the instruments by opening one of them up and then dragging the file over the surface of the Qin RV and the open instrument. Somehow, though, it will not work like it typically has so easily.

The problem is that the file will not drag over the surface. I click on it and drag it toward the instrument, but as soon as it reaches the border of the Qin RV window, it turns into a symbol that looks like a circle with a line through it and it disappears as I drag it further over the instrument. It registers nothing. I have tried it several times, rebooting the PC in between, but it makes no difference. I hope I have explained this in a way that is understandable and you can help me sort it out promptly. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Rob Redden

Hi Redden, did you tried the import button on Qin Helper ?

Return to “Kong Audio”