Tracktion Waveform 11 PRO looks cool

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me it was more stable on Windows. A lot more. The Mac version was untenable. However, this is back about a year and there have been a lot, a whole lot, of updates. Kick the tires for all your plugins as this seemed to be the major issue.

Waveform 10? Not so stable. Waveform 11 makes a big difference with the plugin sandbox. They continue to tick-tock their releases, where the odd ones tend to turn out better. This is the one to get.

Great. I’ll give it a go tomorrow

I've tried almost every possible tracktion -waveform version , all of them crashed sooner or later doing simple things ( not even vst related )
Something tells me wavefrom 11 won't be any different
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm I've tried almost every possible tracktion -waveform version , all of them crashed sooner or later doing simple things ( not even vst related )
Same for me. I liked Waveform a lot but it was never ever useable because of all the crashes.

Lots of talk about crashes...

Does the DAW have a feature that automatically sends crash reports to Tracktion?

I had a talk with David Rowland of Tracktion
Hope you enjoy it :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0GxsP4gVSg&t=166s
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

harvon wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:59 pm Lots of talk about crashes...

Does the DAW have a feature that automatically sends crash reports to Tracktion?
Yeah. Might be optional, but it's there.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Waveform versions 8-11 been stable for me on a custom built desktop and a DELL G3 laptop. Both on Win10 with auto updates.
But like everyone says, plugins can crash it. Maybe something in the JUCE framework makes it very sensitive to VSTs that that don't strictly adhere to the official VST spec. That's why they developed Pluginval. Before I buy a plugin I run it thru that and never had any problems with VSTs that passed. My biggest disappointments regarding plugins are DS Audio Diversion and Tantra. I got them from the recent KVR benefit auction so at least it was for a good cause. I couldn't use them in Waveform 10 but in Waveform 11 with sandbox they are useable every though they fail Pluginval.

I'm actually demoing Traktion, can somebody tell me how to assign a shortcut to : vst instrument, open ,close, Ui editor.?
Best
YY

harvon wrote: ↑Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:59 pm Lots of talk about crashes...

I think they've solved the problem by implementing "Constant Save Technology" - it's actually the 1st thing they mention here :D :hihi:

https://www.tracktion.com/products/wave ... e-versions
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I remember in the early days of Traction that it's sole purpose for existing was to create a daw that was easy to use.

But now playing with Waveform 11 Pro feels like a freakin' nightmare - the way that it's structured with it's not so obvious hidden menus, how it goes about to create multiple edits/revisions of your project that you didn't necessarily ask for and figuring out what revision I need to pull up to how plugs get racked and so on doesn't feel all that intuitive.

And trying to learn this daw from the company's tutorials on their youtube channel isn't really getting me anywhere.

Prior to all this, I was considering the decision of either upgrading to Reason Studios 11 or buying a Waveform 11 license since they're somewhat in the same price ballpark but now, I'm just gonna get on the reason rack parade and call it a day.

Whenever I see all these interesting features being added to other DAW's it reminds me how lazy and uninspired the people at Ableton really are.

Vladislav_Gronk wrote: ↑Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 amWhenever I see all these interesting features being added to other DAW's it reminds me how lazy and uninspired the people at Ableton really are.
You can't be serious!? Does Waveform have smileys/emoticons yet? Have they renamed master/slave and male/female connections to gender-neutral and 'woke' equivalents? I didn't think so... Maybe Ableton is slow, but at least their heart is in the right place! :roll:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:37 amYou can't be serious!? Does Waveform have smileys/emoticons yet? Have they renamed master/slave and male/female connections to gender-neutral and 'woke' equivalents? I didn't think so... Maybe Ableton is slow, but at least their heart is in the right place! :roll:
How could I forget the emojis πŸ˜‚πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ‘Œ

Seriously though, their next point update must be something special since it's been a long time since the last one.

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”