So....how's your Kore?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kuniklo wrote:
Steffen Fuerst wrote: Can you explain me why i ignore a complaint when i ask for details, so that i can try to fix it?
Like I said, similar complains *ON YOUR FORUMS* are almost always ignored. Complaints *ON THIS FORUM*, particularly when they draw a lot of attention, seem to often draw a response from NI. You guys have your priorities backwards.
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum/s ... ser&u=2949

Well, I'll definitely give *you* credit for making an attempt to provide some feedback. Maybe you can give some of the Kontakt people a little encouragement to do the same?

kuniklo wrote:
Steffen Fuerst wrote: Can you explain me why i ignore a complaint when i ask for details, so that i can try to fix it?
Like I said, similar complains *ON YOUR FORUMS* are almost always ignored. Complaints *ON THIS FORUM*, particularly when they draw a lot of attention, seem to often draw a response from NI. You guys have your priorities backwards.
We non-NI mods answer complaints on the forums as best we can. The official company mods such as Steffen post if we don't have the answer or if they think they can add something. I think that in both cases, if we don't have the answer, we don't post...

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote: We non-NI mods answer complaints on the forums as best we can. The official company mods such as Steffen post if we don't have the answer or if they think they can add something. I think that in both cases, if we don't have the answer, we don't post...
The non-NI mods do a great job considering the circumstances but unfortunately it doesn't really soothe nerves much to hear, yet again, that the mod doesn't have any inside information and can't help. A little extra effort on NI's part to keep customers in the loop and at least acknowledge their difficulties and reassure people that they'll be addressed eventually would make a huge difference. As it is NI's reputation has taken a pretty serious beating in the last year, at least from what I can judge on this and several other forums.

I'll certainly never buy another new NI product until I'm completely convinced by independent reports that it works as advertised. Probably a good policy in general but particularly so for NI. Buying something from NI with the expectation that the bugs will eventually be sorted out seems like a big mistake these days.

ericj23 wrote:
Sascha Franck wrote:Well, *if* you need a VST controller, there's probably no faster way to assign parameters to some (interactive!) knobs than with Kore.
i was thinking about kore - but then all the buginess reminded me I don't need another sound card or particulalry want guitar rig & elektrik piano

but if you can assign controls really easily - like right click then wiggle - i might be in

what would be the clincher is how easily it is to edit these things - i picture turning a knob and having it affect about 8 parameters - some over short parts of the full rotation, some inverted, some non linearly, some over a short part of their possible rotation but over the whole knobs one

all these things can be done in cubase just now but it ain't exactly easy - have NI got this right ?
go on soemone answer this please - i still cant decide whether to buy
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

OK - yes you can turn knobs and wiggle to assign controls and you can also set it up to affect more than one knob at the same time if you want - its pretty easy. Even easier is every VSTi has one or more pages with their default controls organised 8 at a time to map to the KORE knobs so you can just click a button to assign a page of controls to user controls and then they are mapped to the KORE hardware. I've not got to grips with all the features though - I'm trying to work out if you can select say 3 controls from one page, 2 from another and so on and build your own easy page or do you have to take what comes - there is an editor page though so I guess I need to get into that more. You can also name each control as you like in the editor and it will show up in the hardware with the name you choose which is cool.

I love how the knobs are touch sensitive (like Penny and Giles faders on expensive kit) and light up when you just touch them and bring up a display of their assignments and how they are so responsive. But the downside is as yet you can only use it to control VSTs inside KORE as it uses VST automation, not midi - so it doesn't work as a midi controller in other hosts as yet though I'm told that is to come in an update.

i really like sites where you can download manuals - means i can asnwer all my techie questions - bloody wish NI would do that
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

I wasn't thinking about Kore at all but because of this thread I now do!!!!!! :dog:

That's basically all I wanted to say.
No intention of buying it.
Just enjoying my coffee and thinking about Kore. :zzz:

Carry on please!

OK, I did a little work and figured out how to get it to see Absynth..Found this lush pad and recorded it.

This is 2 instances of Kore, one is the pad, the other is a Reaktor patch.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=808537&t=557
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

i just wonder if the plug-in version of kore will still be able to use the controller with 512 steps per knob, or whether using it inside another would 'we' would be stuck - yet again - with only 128 steps.

the easy assignments and the 512 steps really rock - just hope i could use the 512 steps if i decided to run kore inside ext, e.g.

fabi wrote:i just wonder if the plug-in version of kore will still be able to use the controller with 512 steps per knob, or whether using it inside another would 'we' would be stuck - yet again - with only 128 steps.

the easy assignments and the 512 steps really rock - just hope i could use the 512 steps if i decided to run kore inside ext, e.g.
I have not really messed with it much.. Until they fix the cpu usage problem I'm just kind of letting it set. Guitar Center has agreed to give me another month to return it if NI doesn't get it up to snuff.

Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

fabi wrote:i just wonder if the plug-in version of kore will still be able to use the controller with 512 steps per knob, or whether using it inside another would 'we' would be stuck - yet again - with only 128 steps.

Yep, you can. VST automation doesn't have the 128 step limitation of MIDI. As long as the host supports VST automation, you're cool...

ew
A spectral heretic...

cool - now all i have to do is wait for it to get stable and find a place where they offer some kind of financing plan... :D ;)

fabi wrote:cool - now all i have to do is wait for it to get stable and find a place where they offer some kind of financing plan... :D ;)
Americanmusical.com will let you make it in 3 payments. Also, they do price matching... :)

Riley

grymmjack wrote:It's a bummer that KORE is having issues, but consider that it's NI's first foray into the hardware control sector
Well, apart from the Guitar Rig Kontrol, perhaps. :wink:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”