Samplitude MS 14 Out & Discounted in the US

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DELETED

I don't have MS yet, but the baseline object-based editing features of Pro should be there, so I presume you'll be able to do fx automation. The added automation features should be able to handle this anyways.
I doubt the item replace (like object or take manager in Pro) you're referring to is offered in MS.

You can always call orangehillaudio.com and try to get a crossgrade offer on Pro - depending on what you're already using now.

Greg
Don't ask me, I just play here.

So, here you can see the differences between all sam versions:

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/vers_unt.html

Object automation is NOT available:

But that shouldn't reaaly bother. The possibilities are still huge!

shallow wrote:does it have things like being able to lock individual audio items, item fx automation, and being able to select a bunch of discontinuous audio items and replace them with another file (like a batch item replace)?
you can get the demo for the german version here:

http://www.magix.com/de/free-download/t ... versionen/

you can lock individual audio items and you can automate your track fx. the program offers a lot for the price. i'm a long time samp user and with this version i have anything i need.

with this version i have anything i need.
So do I!

There also exists an english trial version ... as far as I know!

MountainKing wrote:So, here you can see the differences between all sam versions:

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/vers_unt.html

Object automation is NOT available:

But that shouldn't reaaly bother. The possibilities are still huge!
But at least the new automation feature IS available. Cool.

Greg

DELETED

Cheers!

Magix Music Studio has been my favorite music studio on Windows-here in Australia, it costs less than Cubase essentials ($120 compared to $250).

Might get 14 when it comes out here.

I'm trying to find out if it has any realtime options for freezing or bouncing (rendering) of audio from a VSTi? The SE version I had installed didn't seem to. Is this available in any of the Samp versions if not this one?

Samplitude Pro has freeze and bounce, and many, many other features.
MS DOES have freeze, and you can also render/bounce a mix inside the program, and drag that mix into a separate track (like the 'old school days').

http://content.magix.net/cms/us/pdf/pro ... are_us.pdf

Greg

I know it has freeze but not a realtime option (as in Sonar) as far as I can tell (which is necessary for my Virus Ti and Scope synths). In SE it didn't seem to have a realtime bounce option either but what's this "old school" method - how do you do that?

Cool, I had been wanting to buy this for a while but the difference between the cost of the US and European version put me off. Now I can just buy the download and pay in dollars instead 8)

aallvor wrote:I'm testing the demo right now actually, and the 'verb sounds really good :)

Great program!

cheers
A
Just in case someone does a sincere comparison between VariVerb in MS and the 'Pro' in Samplitude/Sequoia, let me as the dev point out a few things and give a bit of background blahblah:

- VV in its MusicStudio version was sort of a test board for the Pro version, historically. In the beginning, there was just a shout at me 'make a better reverb than the old one'. I decided to start from scratch, doing some research and stuff, as the reverb business was sort of new to me. During that time, I had my old Lex LXP-1 on my desk in the office (well, it's still here..). I've had much fun with that in the past (had access to the LXP1/5 remote unit on a few occasions) and thought, it should be possible to achieve at least that quality.
I dunno if I nailed it at that time, but the algos in the 'stripped down' VV are highly inspired by the Lex unit (except the spring models, which I modelled after two units that we had here).

- The 'Pro' VariVerb is a different animal. I started its development later and independently, but soon came back to a few concepts. The plate models are very similar to the 'prosumer' ones. Same with the springs, although refined, too. But the main 'room'/'hall' models have no historical origin.
Same goes with the HQ models. They needed a completely new architecture (waveguide mesh/fdn instead of the usual approach using impulse smearing by armadas of allpasses, be it serial or nested). Aspects such as free source/pickup positions were not possible with the other models.

From my point of view, the MusicStudio version of VariVerb is 'okay' and yet better than stock reverbs that the majority of host makers tend to supply (usually the old Schroeder-Moorer design copied over and over again). But it can by no means be compared to VariVerb Pro directly. For me, there's no point in getting MS just for having 'a VariVerb'. Okay, I got very picky about reverbs since I started my own and learned *what* to hear for...

But what you definitely have under the hood, is *Samplitude* ;)
I got MS installed on our two private laptops, mainly for location recordings, travelling and such, occasions where I don't want my Sam dongle to get lost. Project exchange between MS and Sam works beautifully.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Thanks for taking the time, Sascha :)

I actually like the MS Variverb a lot, and probably won't be buying any 3d party verbs just yet. For my use - glitchy techno and house music - it's more than up for the job!

cheers
Anders

Ps. I heard some talk over at the Magix forum that there is a lite version of Am|track available to MS 14/2008 users. Can you (or other users) confirm this?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”