Magix drop Samplitude dongle...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow this is tempting - I certainly don't need more than 64 tracks that's for sure (my average project will have 6 at most and often just 2-3) and the object based editing is very interesting to me

aMUSEd wrote:Wow this is tempting - I certainly don't need more than 64 tracks that's for sure (my average project will have 6 at most and often just 2-3) and the object based editing is very interesting to me
You've used Reaper, right? What does Reaper's object ("media item") based editing lack compared to Samplitude? For me Samplitude held some interest up to the point Reaper got the per-take-fx...

I'd like something like the all in one object editor for starters

Already a reaper discussion by page 2... you guys are kinda off the ball today eh?

HobbyCore wrote:Already a reaper discussion by page 2... you guys are kinda off the ball today eh?
Yeah well, I'm sorry about that... :lol: I am not usually interested in participating in the Reaper "discussions" here... :)

Hmmm I just tried to download the 30 day demo /free trial and Wibu's Codemeter software gets installed.

If you only need a serial why does the same software used for the dongle (Wibu code Meter)get installed?

Magix should be more open about this IMO. My Firewall picked this up...

The code meter icon is running in my System tray (XP).So it is definitely there.

I thought it would be a simple serial like Cakewalk or Apple but it seems like a type of software CP. The same software used for the dongle. :?

I guess as I have a Codemeter already it didn't need to install it on my machine when ran the setup .

Xenakios wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:Already a reaper discussion by page 2... you guys are kinda off the ball today eh?
Yeah well, I'm sorry about that... :lol: I am not usually interested in participating in the Reaper "discussions" here... :)
Since you've done so much (relatively at least) for the reaper community, what would samplitude 'need' to make you re-interested?

I'm curious what samplitude is lacking from someone 'formerly interested'. Or is it perhaps that it's not and you found something comparable with other benefits?

HobbyCore wrote:
Xenakios wrote:
Since you've done so much (relatively at least) for the reaper community, what would samplitude 'need' to make you re-interested?

I'm curious what samplitude is lacking from someone 'formerly interested'. Or is it perhaps that it's not and you found something comparable with other benefits?
While I probably won't need insane amounts of tracks (over 64, likewise for the groups/auxes) in any real-life situation, spending over 300 euros for a limited software in that regard isn't very appealing, on principle... :?

It's difficult to say if there's anything in particular Samplitude should get in the future to make me re-interested...Lower the price for the whole real deal and the ability for 3rd parties to make software functionality extensions, maybe? :) But Reaper does just fine for me at the moment...Things can change, of course... :wink:

original flipper wrote:HI

It's unfortunate that as one company drops using a dongle another takes it up: LinPlug.

Flipper.
WRONG.

GOOD GOD.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THIS STUPID?

I've said it again and again. LINPLUG SOFTWARE DOES NOT AND WILL NOT REQUIRE A DONGLE. It's uses synchrosoft powered CHALLENGE/RESPONSE or an OPTIONAL dongle.

Jesus christ.

christianmusicmaker wrote:Samplitude 10 with no dongle and only a few limitations...

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/shop.html

* Limitations of the download version: Independence LE not included
* Impulse responses for Offline Convolution Reverb not included
* Content for Auto Jam Session not included
* Demo content not included
* Printed manual not included
* DVD not included

It's heating up in the host market. I think Magix are responding to Logics drop of "le dongle" last year. :hihi:

Interesting...

Might Steinberg follow I wonder?
Looks like some companies are starting to see the light, and Logic isn't even really competition for Magix! 8)
You are currently reading my signature.

Kraznet wrote: 8 VSTi's per project
Thanks. I needed that laugh. That makes the WHOLE thing useless, and for over 300 Euros?

:lol:

Ok, 64 tracks, ok, 8 inserts, but 8 vsti PER project?

:nutter:

but 8 vsti PER project?
I guess thats one thing extra to temp you to buy the full version . Anyway I'm sure you're very happy with you new MacPro with Logic ttoz :)

BTW you can now snap automation curve points although still no numerical input of values.

Regards
Kraznet

HI

MitchK1989 wrote:
WRONG.

GOOD GOD.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THIS STUPID?

I've said it again and again. LINPLUG SOFTWARE DOES NOT AND WILL NOT REQUIRE A DONGLE. It's uses synchrosoft powered CHALLENGE/RESPONSE or an OPTIONAL dongle.

Jesus christ.
You throw your insults around pretty freely don't you Mitch?

Yea, the dongle is optional to a licence - the licence is an option to a dongle: so where am I wrong?

You either use one or the other: both a PITA IMO.

So perhaps you should think things through before insulting people next time.

BTW, I think an 8 VST limit is a bit of a killer for such an expensive host.

Flipper.

BTW, I think an 8 VST limit is a bit of a killer for such an expensive host.
Maybe if you using individual single output synths yes . But you can assign multiple outputs per VSTi . So for example you can have 16 outs for Kontakt or the like . So 16 x 8 gives you 128 tracks of Kontakt . Also you could also freeze the VSTi if you need to add another Synth past the 8 limit .

Regards
Kraznet

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”