Cubase 6 Elements

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just recieved the Steinberg newsletter about Cubase 6 Elements:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cu ... nts_6.html

Rob

Cool. Why they chose to remove all the midi plugs is beyond me though. You'd think an entry level person would need midi plugs more than basic scoring.

Pretty cool though if it's still $149.

LawrenceF wrote:Cool. Why they chose to remove all the midi plugs is beyond me though. You'd think an entry level person would need midi plugs more than basic scoring.

Pretty cool though if it's still $149.
Then again Cubase 6 Full EDU :-o :uhuhuh: :D is only £208 on Ebay if you know what i mean lol, i still have 24 days remaining on this demo.

Rob

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but they don't make specific mention of hosting third party VSTs, only the bundled ones...

Would they really pull a 'S1A' with this release?

GaryG wrote:Maybe I'm reading too much into this but they don't make specific mention of hosting third party VSTs, only the bundled ones...

Would they really pull a 'S1A' with this release?
Doubt it. The "S1A" thing is a different paradigm. The two S1 versions literally have no editing, automation, track, bus, controller etc, etc, differences at all. For all practical purposes (as relates to basic music production) Artist is exactly like Pro without third party plugin support.

If Steiny did similar you'd have VariAudio, OMF and everything else in "Essential" (or Cubase Artist) except for 3rd party VST's. Not likely to happen.

GaryG wrote:Maybe I'm reading too much into this but they don't make specific mention of hosting third party VSTs, only the bundled ones...
I'm capable of dumping REAPER for any edition of Cubase. But if it can't host third-party VST plug-ins, it's definitely a deal-breaker. And if it does host them, then how many? I deeply regret buying the very limited Ableton Live 7 LE, so I want to be spared another costly upset.

Also I won't be moved it's still dongleware. I don't mind challenge/response. I know this could be downloaded, but... I have many doubts about this. 99 Euro is a darned good price. :)

EDIT: Before I wrote this, I tried to go into Steinberg's website but the connection keeps timing out...

Questions I'd be interested in getting some hard answers as well. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

I've never seen a version of Cubase that didn't load third party plugs so I'm not sure why people are worried about that or how it even started as a possibility. IIRC even the free OEM Cubase LE loads 3rd party plugs so... no idea why people are going there or superimposing the S1A thing on Cubase.

The trimmed down versions do have limitations on how many instruments can be loaded into the VSTI rack, how many group busses, etc, etc, but I doubt if 16 instrument slots or 24-32 group busses or similar would slow most ordinary people down.

Will the Elements version require a dongle? I only have an iLok and don't intend on getting another.

DELETED

michi_mak wrote:
donato wrote:Questions I'd be interested in getting some hard answers as well. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
or you could get your a** move to HERE

looking at the developers website would be a too obvious thing to do?!?
I think most of us have seen that chart. It still doesn't answer the questions listed in this thread. But since you have all the answers because of that chart, maybe you can enlighten us all.

Hi there,

Cubase Elements 6 can host 3rd party plug-ins.
This Cubase version doesn't need a USB-eLicenser (dongle), it works with a software based copy protection (Soft-eLicenser).
Carlos M. Rohde
Cubase product marketing manager at Steinberg
Hamburg, Germany
www.steinberg.net

DELETED

crohde wrote:Hi there,

Cubase Elements 6 can host 3rd party plug-ins.
This Cubase version doesn't need a USB-eLicenser (dongle), it works with a software based copy protection (Soft-eLicenser).
Thank you for your helpful reply!

crohde wrote:This Cubase version doesn't need a USB-eLicenser (dongle), it works with a software based copy protection (Soft-eLicenser).
I actually prefer the dongle over the singular soft-elicenser. Not sure how it currently works (the soft license) if your system croaks or you need to use / move the software on another system but IIRC the soft license is a single install.

Can you move that around if need be? It might be nice to have the choice of either the dongle of soft license.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”