Multi processor support differences in various hosts

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiyn wrote:Well the set up is hardly scientific, but I load the plug in with the same preset 8 times and make them all play at once. I can only do this with 5 instances on the other 2 daws.
Without having checked this for my setup I can easily imagine that this is true. I had the same thing years back with Nuendo and Reaper while Reaper was way more efficient than Nuendo (which at the core was the same as Cubase) back then.

Well I am using a Core2Duo and other processors may act differently. If you want to try Podium just remember to use the demo, the free version does not support multi-core. I didn't know this when I first tried it out and thought it was awful.

One more thing, although Podium seems more efficient I've never made a complete track in it! I will keep learning and reading the manual until I do, because It would be good to use it, but right now I find S1 to be so fast and user friendly.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”