Digital Performer 8 Goes Windows!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

headquest wrote: a complete marketing fail
??

I'm beginning to agree with Brent. This might be a hoax because the lack of info is highly suspicious. :)

If they're demoing that publicly at NAMM you'd think it would be on multiple blogs by now and it's not, unless they specifically asked people not to talk about it. Fishy. :hihi: Now maybe it's the case it was a private preview of an alpha for select dealers or something, dunno...

... but it's all starting to look rather fishy on day 2 of NAMM.

One could always call them and say "Hey, I was at the Performer windows preview and I'd like to know how long before it's actually released..." to see if they say "What preview?" :lol:

Well then, that would pretty much complete my "namm" experience :lol:

ibby sucked
too many WAY overpriced guitars
a bunch of i stuff that is great, but doesn't apply to me (who says I can't reword things :hihi: )
hoaxes (we don't know for sure yet)
boring updates
many many rehashes and lipsticked redos.

Anyhow, I'll keep lurking until we get the official word.

It looks like the only site to report it so far is macmusic.com which is pretty reputable, right? Or maybe not? Everyone else is just using the same picture and text. The MOTU forums have not shown anything else either, and you would think the users of the software would have seen more, or one of them would post back from NAMM after seeing it.

I do think it's probably real, but it's strange how nobody else has any proof of it. Thousands of people would have seen it by now, surely one of them is a KVR member?

Brent
My host is better than your host

Aren't you all using Logic/Reaper/Reason/Live/Cubase/S1 and Samplitude and absolutely loving it?
:hihi:
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

koolkeys wrote:It looks like the only site to report it so far is macmusic.com which is pretty reputable, right? Or maybe not?

Sound on Sound mentioned it as well in their NAMM news forum.

Everyone else is just using the same picture and text. The MOTU forums have not shown anything else either, and you would think the users of the software would have seen more, or one of them would post back from NAMM after seeing it.
This guy did exactly that on the MOTU nation forum and went into some detail it appears.
I do think it's probably real, but it's strange how nobody else has any proof of it. Thousands of people would have seen it by now, surely one of them is a KVR member?

Brent
I would like to see a full spec list for it. An official press release e.t.c but it is what it is. I read somewhere that MOTU don't tend to update their website unless they are ready to ship. Well that means March for full details but...a press release might be much sooner hopefully.

lockheart wrote:
??
They need to read the "Propellerhead Guide Book to Hype" and at the very least have a huge clock counting down on their website for a week before letting such news just slip out ;) :hihi:

spaceman wrote:Aren't you all using Logic/Reaper/Reason/Live/Cubase/S1 and Samplitude and absolutely loving it?
:hihi:
:hihi: Yeah. I drive a Jeep but I still look at other cars for fun. :)

LawrenceF wrote:I'm beginning to agree with Brent. This might be a hoax because the lack of info is highly suspicious. :)
If they're demoing that publicly at NAMM you'd think it would be on multiple blogs by now and it's not, unless they specifically asked people not to talk about it. Fishy. :hihi: Now maybe it's the case it was a private preview of an alpha for select dealers or something, dunno...
... but it's all starting to look rather fishy on day 2 of NAMM.
This is the way motu works. They are almost as secretive as Apple.

Usually their webpage isn't updated until a few days after namm. Where other companies update on day one! This is for products that are actually released at namm.

For previews (like DP8, and yes, windows version is real) they don't update until the product is ready to ship. So don't expect any more info from motu until it's ready to ship 'sometime in march'. Unless you go to NAMM and ask them now.

MOTU works in mysterious ways...

mmmmmm..sometime in March they say....

In what year? :wink:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

christianmusicmaker wrote:
koolkeys wrote:It looks like the only site to report it so far is macmusic.com which is pretty reputable, right? Or maybe not?

Sound on Sound mentioned it as well in their NAMM news forum.

Everyone else is just using the same picture and text. The MOTU forums have not shown anything else either, and you would think the users of the software would have seen more, or one of them would post back from NAMM after seeing it.
This guy did exactly that on the MOTU nation forum and went into some detail it appears.

Brent
I would like to see a full spec list for it. An official press release e.t.c but it is what it is. I read somewhere that MOTU don't tend to update their website unless they are ready to ship. Well that means March for full details but...a press release might be much sooner hopefully.
Yes, they are typically slow at updating the site. And they kind of bury the news anyways.

Thanks for pointing out the things above. I read that thread, but not every page and post. As mentioned, I did think it was real, but just that it was strange that there had been no mention or press release of it. You would think that's pretty big news, wouldn't you?

Brent
My host is better than your host

Yes the news is pretty big to put it mildly...

Offers what looks like pretty decent notation that rivals current offerings elsewhere in a few other major hosts and a very deep set of features IMHO that with the new DP.v8 will build on the deep and mature feature set of v.7.

Dev with a large software and hardware ecosystem

Instruments
Motu have a very strong list of additional Instruments that are cross platform Mach Five, BPM, Symphonic, Electric keys, Ethno Instrument e.t.c

Hardware
Vast range of dedicated MOTU hardware with cross platform support. Few devs offer that. Cakewalk / Roland, Yamaha/ Steinberg, PreSonus/S1 and Avid are good examples currently with Host + Hardware offerings on Windows and MAC. Looks like MOTU will now join that Elite club.

So to now drop in a fully featured host right into the Windows environment is a huge development. I would have thought they would have made it a top priority to get the word out via an official press release which would have gone through many channels online but...they decided to not do that yet. Up to them really. :shrug:

I guess they are ready when they are ready. But no question about it IMO... DP8 looks like a massive DAW offering on Windows (out of the blue) :)

headquest wrote:
lockheart wrote:
??
They need to read the "Propellerhead Guide Book to Hype" and at the very least have a huge clock counting down on their website for a week before letting such news just slip out ;) :hihi:
I'm just trying to understand what it means in English. I guess that "fail" is TV shorthand for "failure."

Yes, fail = failure. But as christianmusicmaker says, it's there choice how they leak/launch the information :shrug:

lol lol lol
I don't want to start a flame war but the posters here that are speculating this is all a hoax, is some of the most hilarious lines of B.S. I've ever seen! :shock: lol lol lol
Please keep it going, we need more trollish baseless entertainment , there's not enough of it on the internet!!! lol lol lol ;)
While you're at it,can you guys also teach us about the man landing on the moon hoax ? lol lol lol :hihi:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”