Cubase 7 crashes hard

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote: Yeah, I can't say the mixer looks "soft" here; it's contrast and clarity is pretty good. If anything, it could look a tad less "cartoony", maybe. But I'm getting quite used to it. Big fan of the workflow.
Yeah, it's just a minor thing. It's mainly in the fonts. No problem using it though. The mixer is actually useful to me now. I used to avoid it in Cubase 6 and just use the inspector thingy (or, whatever that window that you can open up with the eq in the middle and all the inserts and sends, etc., is called).

asnor wrote:
bduffy wrote: Yeah, I can't say the mixer looks "soft" here; it's contrast and clarity is pretty good. If anything, it could look a tad less "cartoony", maybe. But I'm getting quite used to it. Big fan of the workflow.
Yeah, it's just a minor thing. It's mainly in the fonts. No problem using it though. The mixer is actually useful to me now. I used to avoid it in Cubase 6 and just use the inspector thingy (or, whatever that window that you can open up with the eq in the middle and all the inserts and sends, etc., is called).
Yeah, I think that's the "Channel Settings" window, if I remember my Cubase nomenclature correctly...

I've always been a huge mixer-user, it's what swayed me to Cubase ages ago, when I saw my brother mixing mostly with it. Quite a revelation back then, and Cubase 7 is reminding me of that feeling now. :D

When I add a new VST folder to Cubase 7 and push "update folder" the program crashes. Does anyone know a way around this?

I, ve been using Cubase since I owned an Atari 1040 over 20 years ago, but this is definately the last upgrade I'll buy. I upgraded from Cubase 5 to 7 because it didn't support the latest OSX, so I lost a couple of days work spending my time with technical problems. Now that I spent over 2.000SEK on the upgrade to make things work, I can't add Ivory Grands 2 to the VST folder and now I lost more days on technical problems.

Since I'm a professional musician I have deadlines to meet with my productions and due to all the problems I have with Cubase I don't get the time I need for producing so the final production wont be getting as good as it could be.

Very frustrating and waste of precious time...

If your a professional musician, the last thing that you want to do in the middle of a project is to upgrade programs. And definitely not to the first release of a new version.

If you really needed to upgrade you should have found a dealer with version 6 upgrade left. You would have had a rock solid update, a grace period update to 7 and you would have saved $50 to boot. I know because this is exactly what I did:) Version 7 is buggy and I've shelved it until they release a few maintenance updates. Lots of other people that have more time on their hands to do testing as far as I'm concerned.

Just a question. Anybody know if a user with a cubase 7 license can go download 6.5 and run it? Does the license allow it?

musicdoc wrote:Just a question. Anybody know if a user with a cubase 7 license can go download 6.5 and run it? Does the license allow it?
If they haven't changed their policy recently, yes.

And I find it ridiculous (and amusing) that people still waste good money (even after 7 full versions) to be "first" and still run with something on Day 1 and then complain that it's not stable?

VP

What I find amusing is the blame for issues (on any new software) never seem to fall on the maker, but rather on the user. I know its too much to ask for, but isn't the software (no specific one mind you) supposed to be ready "before" it was to be released? Im sure i read that some where once.... What a wonderful but out of reach thought (in most cases) now days... :hihi:

spikey wrote:
And I find it ridiculous (and amusing) that people still waste good money (even after 7 full versions) to be "first" and still run with something on Day 1 and then complain that it's not stable?

VP

What I find amusing is the blame for issues (on any new software) never seem to fall on the maker, but rather on the user. I know its too much to ask for, but isn't the software (no specific one mind you) supposed to be ready "before" it was to be released? Im sure i read that some where once.... What a wonderful but out of reach thought (in most cases) now days... :hihi:
+1
Reading some of the comments here it is a bit like: 'how come you believe you can expect any robust value from a new release' ....

BTW : where is Conman ? He was a never-ending source of constant pleasure ...

I dropped cubase as none the features I had listed as important for me were included in the new version. I did what I was told in the steinbergs forum, "use reaper if you do not like cubase" :hihi:

I loaded Cubase elements 7.0.6 and allowed it to finish. Then I closed it. When I tried to open Cubase it crashed not long after launching it. Go to Control Panel under Programs and Features to uninstall a few files. I deleted anything pertaining to Halion in the Steinberg list. After this I reloaded Cubase and everything ran splendidly without any crashes. Third party plugins run like a charm.

"Cubase 7 crashes hard"

How is that possible? It is software!
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

BobMcDonald wrote:I loaded Cubase elements 7.0.6 and allowed it to finish. Then I closed it. When I tried to open Cubase it crashed not long after launching it. Go to Control Panel under Programs and Features to uninstall a few files. I deleted anything pertaining to Halion in the Steinberg list. After this I reloaded Cubase and everything ran splendidly without any crashes. Third party plugins run like a charm.
Sounds like your initial install was either corrupted or needed a reboot afterward, and the second install fixed the problems (No idea what files you uninstalled, but it was probably unnecessary).

BobMcDonald wrote:I loaded Cubase elements 7.0.6 and allowed it to finish. Then I closed it. When I tried to open Cubase it crashed not long after launching it. Go to Control Panel under Programs and Features to uninstall a few files. I deleted anything pertaining to Halion in the Steinberg list. After this I reloaded Cubase and everything ran splendidly without any crashes. Third party plugins run like a charm.
I am currently using the latest version of Cubase Pro 8.5 (previously also the full versions of Cubase 8.0, 7.5 and 7.0) so could not really comment on Elements 7 but the latest version for it seems to be 7.0.80, not 7.0.6:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... nts_7.html

Maybe installing this update (and/or the included previous 7.0.7 update) could help with certain issues...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”