Logic Pro X

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can anyone help me with this - Flex Time SLicing mode - how to increase sensitivity? I went into the editor 'file' mode but the '+' is greyed out....but its missed a load of hi hats - is it not very sensitive? Im suprised...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Make sure you have the actual region selected that you want to Flex.

Wayne
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.......

Wash

is it not possible to bounce aux tracks now in logic pro x? in logic 9 you could create arrange track, insert an empty region, and export that as an audio track. now in logic pro x that doesn't work. i can't find any info on how to bounce aux channels now. anyone know???

skltr21 wrote:is it not possible to bounce aux tracks now in logic pro x? in logic 9 you could create arrange track, insert an empty region, and export that as an audio track. now in logic pro x that doesn't work. i can't find any info on how to bounce aux channels now. anyone know???
Solo the Aux track, press CMD+B and select add to project.

Hope this helps.

Ken

I have a small problem here and i can't fix it :-(

Bought the Vengeance Philta XL plugin and downloaded the serial to my e-licencer key on another computer here BUT on my mac i forgot to install the e-licencer control center and booted Logic Pro X. It did the scan and the plugin failed ONLY cause i hadn't installed the e-licence control center software.. now i can see the Vengeance plugins in my Library/Audio/Components BUT i can't see how to do a rescan in Logic.

It scans all new plugins but leaves previous failed attempts out. I tried deleting the Vengeance stuff and reinstalling but Logic won't scan. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

rob_lee wrote:I have a small problem here and i can't fix it :-(

Bought the Vengeance Philta XL plugin and downloaded the serial to my e-licencer key on another computer here BUT on my mac i forgot to install the e-licencer control center and booted Logic Pro X. It did the scan and the plugin failed ONLY cause i hadn't installed the e-licence control center software.. now i can see the Vengeance plugins in my Library/Audio/Components BUT i can't see how to do a rescan in Logic.

It scans all new plugins but leaves previous failed attempts out. I tried deleting the Vengeance stuff and reinstalling but Logic won't scan. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob
See page 506 of the manual.

Short answer:
Logic Pro -> preferences -> audio units manager

You can either manually re-enable it, or click the reset & rescan selection button.

jsd wrote:
rob_lee wrote:I have a small problem here and i can't fix it :-(

Thanks

Rob
See page 506 of the manual.

Short answer:
Logic Pro -> preferences -> audio units manager

You can either manually re-enable it, or click the reset & rescan selection button.

Thanks a lot i will do that now :-)

Rob

@jsd

Feel a right noob lol it was staring me in the face all the time.. you know i seen that Audio Units thing at the bottom BUT being from windows i was looking to scan vst's DUH DUH DUH! Lol

Thanks for your time i'm sorted :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:@jsd

Feel a right noob lol it was staring me in the face all the time.. you know i seen that Audio Units thing at the bottom BUT being from windows i was looking to scan vst's DUH DUH DUH! Lol

Rob
Don't worry about it, we were all noobs once. And everything is easy once you know the answer.

jsd wrote:
rob_lee wrote:@jsd

Rob
Don't worry about it, we were all noobs once. And everything is easy once you know the answer.
22yrs a solid user of Cubase and now a NOOB in Logic X haha.... BUT i have a pretty good idea and a nice feeling about this DAW from the off.. going be on this till the early hours now i have all my plugins installed eventually.

Thanks again :-)

Rob

Say Rob..
what made you move to Logic after all those years in Cubase?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:Say Rob..
I still have Cubase 7 here and Studio One installed BUT i always wanted to try Logic. So a couple of months ago i bought my first mac and at $139 i was getting a DAW for the price of a vat plugin. Always wondered about Logic so now i have and i'm well impressed as a new user. Cubase is great but the latest version 7.0.5 is diabolical IMO so i rolled it back and installed 7.0.4 which is okay on my system so well i have the choice of 3 DAWS here but i'm mainly almost in Logic now.
Only thing about logic i don't like is that it makes you download 2gb of content which i don't even want lol.

Personally i can make music in any DAW but i like a change.. i think also seeing the upgrade price of Halion 5 after being with Steinberg 22yrs made me say "f**k this" loyalty gets you nowhere haha.

So here i am in logic with all my synths and loving it mate :-)

Rob

fmr wrote:
surferman wrote:
And, regarding the "bargain". Asking almost 200,00 euros for an upgrade is not a "bargain". As somenone already pointed, the price for the upgrade from Logic 8 to Logic 9 was 149,00. Compare!

Is it just the principle behind it that's bothering you so much? It certainly can't be the actual cost since Logic 8 cost more by itself than logic 9 and logic x combined. Never mind the 149 upgrade price.

As has also been stated before, Logic is considered an "app" now, sold through their app store. The app store does not allow upgrade pricing for owners of previous versions of any app, and that includes their own. Just watch the uproar that's coming when iOS 7 is released and developers put out new versions of everything, forcing people to pay the extravagant 99 cents all over again for stuff they already bought.

extramedium wrote:Just watch the uproar that's coming when iOS 7 is released and developers put out new versions of everything, forcing people to pay the extravagant 99 cents all over again for stuff they already bought.
I'm an iOS app developer and I'm not planning on doing that - all my updates that would be required to support iOS 7 will be free. I'd be really surprised if many developers went the "charge for upgrade" path to be honest. You'd have to put out an entirely new app with a different name. It's literally impossible to charge for upgrades to an existing app.

rob_lee wrote:
spaceman wrote:Say Rob..
I still have Cubase 7 here and Studio One installed BUT i always wanted to try Logic. So a couple of months ago i bought my first mac and at $139 i was getting a DAW for the price of a vat plugin. Always wondered about Logic so now i have and i'm well impressed as a new user. Cubase is great but the latest version 7.0.5 is diabolical IMO so i rolled it back and installed 7.0.4 which is okay on my system so well i have the choice of 3 DAWS here but i'm mainly almost in Logic now.
Only thing about logic i don't like is that it makes you download 2gb of content which i don't even want lol.

Personally i can make music in any DAW but i like a change.. i think also seeing the upgrade price of Halion 5 after being with Steinberg 22yrs made me say "f**k this" loyalty gets you nowhere haha.

So here i am in logic with all my synths and loving it mate :-)

Rob
On a Mac, for that money, it would be silly not to try it :)
Logic is a superb host and X is a great update in my opinion.
Even so, I am curious about Cubase 7 so I'm going to try out the trial version this week.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”