Does Pro Tools sound better/different?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Daan22 wrote:Argh, I tried to post twice, but no text. Will try here once more without the url tags:

"In this DAW comparison video is said: "One of the excellent things about Pro Tools is the audio engine. Basically what this means is the quality of audio that Pro Tools outputs after you've recorded, mixed and edited your music".

And then that it adds glisten and shine to the sound.

I know many people say all DAWs sound the same, but I'm still interested if this guy is right, he seems professional and pretty convinced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA42vuL5s9w
i won't watch the video and will take your word for it, but if that's what he said, then not one single other thing that comes out of his mouth regarding daws is worth anything.

cryophonik wrote:
Daan22 wrote:...he seems professional and pretty convinced.
It's the English accent. He could say the Earth revolves revolves around Saturn and it would sound convincing.

In the US, Monty Python's Holy Grail is considered a non-fictional biographical account of King Arthur's life and is required viewing in high school history classes. True story.
That's an 100% Aussie accent actually. Not English at all.

TheoM wrote:
cryophonik wrote:
It's the English accent. He could say the Earth revolves revolves around Saturn and it would sound convincing.

In the US, Monty Python's Holy Grail is considered a non-fictional biographical account of King Arthur's life and is required viewing in high school history classes. True story.
Yeah, it's been addressed already. For the record, I wasn't being serious. :P
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The truth of the matter is, its the OS that determines the sound. Do some tests, Win7 and Win8 sound warmer and more analog than WinXP (Vista is very digital).

Maybe daw's audio engines do sound different, but its because of the OS dummies!

cryophonik wrote:
TheoM wrote:
cryophonik wrote:

Yeah, it's been addressed already. For the record, I wasn't being serious. :P
Note to self, read other replies before posting. Hehe. :oops:

xNiMiNx wrote:The truth of the matter is, its the OS that determines the sound. Do some tests, Win7 and Win8 sound warmer and more analog than WinXP (Vista is very digital).

Maybe daw's audio engines do sound different, but its because of the OS dummies!

Please tell me you're not serious
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

I'm sure that's a joke

TheoM wrote:I'm sure that's a joke
I bloody hope so :D
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

TheoM wrote:
i won't watch the video and will take your word for it, but if that's what he said, then not one single other thing that comes out of his mouth regarding daws is worth anything.
It's actually a pretty solid, well reasoned overview of most of the current DAWs on the market and would definitely be worthwhile for people just starting out and not knowing what host to buy. There's only two moments of audio engine malarky at 7:30 and 10:30. :hihi:

Jbravo wrote:Please tell me you're not serious
Yeah i thought the daw-wars was played out, figured id spice it up a bit.

"ProFools" is the very best DAW.
It's everywhere !!!!! :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

pegh.

Those marketing men...gotta love 'em. :hihi: :lol:

I'ma leave this here as well.

http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=45272
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

EvilDragon wrote:Yeah, with that haircut he's totally legit. :D:D:D
At least he has hair :cry:

TheoM wrote: That's an 100% Aussie accent actually. Not English at all.
Meh, it all sounds the same to me

Renoise for example fades off samples to avoid hard clicks. This fadeoff is fixed within the audio engine and can't be changed. In a way, you could argue this adds to the "fingerprint" of Renoise's sound engine. Super "hard" staccatos using samples (even if you wanted a nasty abrupt cutoff that will cause clicks) are not possible.

BTW I'm a Renoise fan since early tracker days.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”