Free version of PT "Pro Tools First"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://apps.avid.com/protoolsfirst/?intcmp=AV-HP-S2

What do you think about it?There is no info too much.Same with Express?What about 3rd Party plugins and any other liminations?

I think it will be like Studio One Artist.We will see...

First thing I heard in a while that make sense about Avid.

Seems they did a good job on Sibelius First.

Thanks for posting.

It is interesting. I do think, though, that Studio One Artist has more audio tracks.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Store up to three projects in the cloud for free, and then buy more space.
So computer needs to be online in all cases.

Unlimited busses, one wonders if that can be used to freeze tracks and record more or something?

PT Express at least has local storage too, but comes with hardware only.

It is interesting. I do think, though, that Studio One Artist has more audio tracks.
Yes,it has more track but no vst support.It's real "beginner" DAW.
Store up to three projects in the cloud for free, and then buy more space.
So computer needs to be online in all cases
:o

Can't use our storage?Only cloud?

And this version has only 16 tracks,right?

I'm not impressed with this at all. No local saving then charging for cloud space? Seems greedy to me. Like paying for character slots in an MMO - 'Pro Tools - the MMO' :lol:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

nope.wav

Thanks for this post. I immediately subscribed :)

Useless :ud:

Podium Free is better.

Yep, I read over this: Three; projects stored in the cloud; additional projects may be purchased from the Avid Store in the near future.

More info here:
http://www.avidblogs.com/namm-2015-pro- ... t-is-free/

This is the best bit:
Pro Tools | First only saves projects to the cloud in your Avid Master Account and three are included free. You log in to access and work on your projects but you can work offline when not logged in or if there is no internet, on the last project you saved to the Cloud from a local cache within the application. Once you log back in, the changes made get synced up to your cloud projects. Avid will offer additional Pro Tools | First projects to purchase from the Avid Marketplace in the near future. You can also complete a project and export the final stereo mix and then delete that project to give you back the space needed to start a new project.
Last edited by swatwork on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duplicating the IAP business model of those games in Apple App Store? Honestly I never paid a penny for those games. And seems everybody hates it. But who knows, maybe they did make a fortune by this business model.

trimph1 wrote:It is interesting. I do think, though, that Studio One Artist has more audio tracks.
Yes, unlimited. :D
But as someone already said, there is no VST support which is a bit of a bummer.

Even Studio One Free has unlimited audio tracks.

And yes, you can store your projects on your hard drive, and yes, an unlimited number of them :lol:

I was looking forward to the free Pro Tools version, but the limitations are ridiculous.
Crippleware at it's best.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”