Favourite discontinued DAW(s) - the things you wish that didn't die

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8 energyXT Logic Pro MuLab App Muzys Orion Project 5 Temper

mothballs wrote:Cheers to the Opcode fans here. I started using a Vision beta pre version 1 and continued long after Gibson committed the crime of the century and killed it off. My life has been empty and meaningless ever since.

I think I've tried every DAW that's hit the market since but nothing has ever really filled the Vision shaped void in my heart.

Actually I kept clunky old Mac running the last version of SVP on system 9.whatever till quite recently but it finally got to be all too much of a hassle. It's Reaper on Windows now for me and life goes on but still ... those old memories linger ... those dreams of what might have been ... sigh ...
I think there's a song that needs to be written, in there somewhere!

SVP all the way!

I really wish someone would write a tool to batch convert old SVP songs to midi files... It wouldn't be a money maker, but it sure would probably make a lot of people happy :D

Logic on PC. It's what eventually made me move to OSX, but the PC version is still very special to me.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:Logic on PC. It's what eventually made me move to OSX, but the PC version is still very special to me.
Can version 5 platinum run vsts?

eXT 1.4 for sure, sweet sweet thing.

Fired up an old version of Muzys and had forgotten what it looked like, basically its Mulab without Mux only it has the Composer window which is like a basic version of Live's clip launcher
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Harrison Mixbus V2...
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

fmr wrote:Without doubt, for me, the biggest loss was the ceasing of Opcode Studio Vision, after Gibson buyout of Opcode.
I agree. I still use Studio Vision Pro on an old OS 9 G4. I have a few VST's that either I just didn't want to pay to upgrade or are completely discontinued.

I am pissed that IL sold Deckadance to Gibson. I don't have good things to say about Gibson. :lol:

Project 5
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

+1 for Orion - though I was pretty happy about the recent update!

EDIT: Not sure if this counts, but I'm pretty sure the developer no longer supports this...

Dreamstation II. A combination of multi pattern tracker, piano roll sequencer, X0X step sequencer and audio tracks... Best of Renoise and Orion combined into one package (minus the advanced stuff like scripting and included instruments). Slightly buggy if I remember, and didn't have an internal sample player like Dreamstation 1 did though, so I never got it.

Still being sold according to the website. I recently downloaded the demo and it works under Windows 10... Hmmm, $79.
Last edited by bachmaninoff on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bachmaninoff

Bitwig with or without cats is my favorite discontinued DAW thread ..

Muzys . .:love:

Because Mulab still has no support for looped recording ! . .:(

ls1xxx wrote:
spaceman wrote:Logic on PC. It's what eventually made me move to OSX, but the PC version is still very special to me.
Can version 5 platinum run vsts?
Of course
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Acid Pro 7. Although still available for sale, it is essentially abandonware at this point.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”