What was your favorite version of Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had nearly every Cubase Version since the Atari days.
Last week I upgraded from 7.5 to 8.5 on my Windows 7 professional 64bit PC and it feels much lighter and faster working with it.
8.5 is my favourite version so far.

:tu:

Anyone else?

Well, I quite like my version of cubase (9 pro) :shrug:

What I'm really happy about is (other than paying for the elicencer) that I was able to have a fully functional 30 day trial with no limitations and make the determination for myself.

Frankly I like(d) 5.5.3 better than anything 8 or 9. Didn't do 6 or 7.

I've had all the versions...they keep getting better and more complex. Favorite is 9 until a newer version comes along.

Uncle E wrote:Versions 4 through 6.5 were the ones where I felt that everything came together perfectly, I've never worked so effortlessly with a DAW as with those versions. I gave up with version 7, the features seemed amazing but the shift in workflow was too much for me to carry on.
Yeah, 6.5 was damn good.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Yeah, 6.5 was damn good.
Yes agree, 6.5 felt much more coherent to me than the current version I'm using (9). In general I love the current direction of the arrangement part of the program. However I can't get used to the Console that was introduced with 7. No matter how hard I try, it doesn't feel as intuitive or efficient as it should be.

v6.5.5

Tried v9, didn't like it it all and it used 25% more cpu than 6.5.5
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Googly Smythe wrote:8.5
Only crashes occasionally when exiting.

I've got 5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5 and 8, (just in case, you know, just in case), but never feel tempted to use them.
9, now. Uninstalled the rest.

I like how 6 looks the most.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

where i remain, till they pry my keyboard from my cold deadly hands
I can't say i'd ever need any more.
Each update seems to add nifty features i never use anyway.
the only drawback is i need to stay on OSX10.9.5.

Cubase SX 2.2.039 on Windows XP

Best version of Cubase ever :)

v6.5 was a dream to use because it never gave me technical problems. When a software just works it gets second nature and you don’t think about it, just use it to create. After that it has been hit or miss. Cubase has shown it’s ugly face from time to time.
The latest versions has superior functionality and as of now I seem to have a stable v9 running so the latest version is the current favorite.
Next time it shows it’s ugly face I’ll be dreaming of v6.5 again. :-)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”