Favorite DAW 2017?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

What is the Favorite DAW (Cross Platform) now?

Ableton (W/M)
14%
Cockos Reaper (W/M)
20%
MOTU Digital Performer (W/M)
2%
Mutools Mulab (W/M)
4%
Presonus Studio One (W/M)
13%
Propellerhead Reason (W/M)
2%
Steinberg Cubase (W/M)
17%
Ardour (W/M/L)
0%
Bitwig (W/M/L)
19%
Harrison Mixbus (W/M/L)
1%
Renoise (W/M/L)
2%
Tracktion (W/M/L)
4%

Total votes: 216

RELATED
PRODUCTS

A prime example of the general insecurity of SONAR users in a recent thread

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Tired-of-feel ... 68247.aspx

Where the Gibson Sock Puppet Anderton basically says that anyone who uses a DAW other than SONAR can't think for themselves

Anderton - "SONAR users think for themselves."
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:A prime example of the general insecurity of SONAR users in a recent thread

Don't think that's an exception. The Reasontalk forum is full of such insecure users, who discuss about Reason's potential "inferior sound quality", wonder if the factory soundbank is up to level with other DAW's, or ask for VST support, and get told the thousandth time that it will never come.

BTW, i can't see anything bad about what Craig Anderton posted there. He simply said "Sonar users don't care what others think of their DAW, they just use it.". At least that's what it sounds like to me.

incubus wrote:Nah, you shouldn't feel bad. The OP wants the perfect thread with the perfect posters, I like that you upset the balance.
Oh I feel good when I feel like a slut.

jinotsuh wrote:A prime example of the general insecurity of SONAR users in a recent thread.
That was interesting. Although I don't think it was about their 'insecurity' as much as other's vehement refusal to consider it. i.e. it's more about the general insecurity of non-Sonar users and learning to "Ignore the (their) noise" as one comment advised.

Never found their forum to be cult like over all, but have noticed little factions that can be clique or gang orientated. But that seems to exist in most forums, including KVR. I expect noise on a forum that has little or nothing to do with the topic at hand. Seems par to assume those making the most noise are the insecure ones of 'feeling left out'. But it doesn't matter... it is just noise.

I like seeing what others prefer when they're not held to an OS and NFR product though. So far, it has been quite informative over all.

Seems it really shows five main contenders right now.
I really like the look of Studio One and think I'll give the latest version a demo since maybe it's advanced enough to work where it couldn't before. (The past problem had to do with an inability to work with that many cores, which are almost dwarfed in comparison to what everyone uses now.) Also planning on giving Bitwig a look since version 2 is out.

Great song. Doesn't really matter what daw he used. With that kind of talent he could do it in anything.

I told you all already, Amiga 4000 running 'ProStationAudio', 'Bars & Pipes Pro', 'SampleManager' & 'DigiBooster Pro'... No need for Mac or PC!!! :dog:

For shizzle my nizzle. Bars and pipes for da win!

jinotsuh wrote:A prime example of the general insecurity of SONAR users in a recent thread

Where the Gibson Sock Puppet Anderton basically says that anyone who uses a DAW other than SONAR can't think for themselves

Anderton - "SONAR users think for themselves."
If only you were able to understand the irony of your post.

It would also help if you understood the term "sock puppet".

My favorite is Sonar Platinum.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”