Korg Gadget for Mac now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gadget

Available now at https://korg.shop

I just bought it, I'mexcited to have all of the individual gadgets available for use in my regular DAW.

Im going to mull this over all day, hopefully more responses will show up

No demo, bad.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

The app itself is identical to the mobile versions which do have demos, so you could consider that. I need to play more with the desktop app to spot the differences.
woodsdenis wrote:No demo, bad.

dangayle wrote:The app itself is identical to the mobile versions which do have demos, so you could consider that. I need to play more with the desktop app to spot the differences.
Can i ask you if you can create folder, sub-folders for the patch browser of each individual Gadget. Is there even access to it in the document folder or library?
I find the patch management terrible on iOS and that would be a no go for me even more on macOS. No easy way to share and manage patch banks there.

Cinebient wrote: Can i ask you if you can create folder, sub-folders for the patch browser of each individual Gadget. Is there even access to it in the document folder or library?
I find the patch management terrible on iOS and that would be a no go for me even more on macOS. No easy way to share and manage patch banks there.
It looks like it keeps all the user patches in a monolithic file, per-gadget, under your user document folder. Not entirely useful at all.

dangayle wrote:
Cinebient wrote: Can i ask you if you can create folder, sub-folders for the patch browser of each individual Gadget. Is there even access to it in the document folder or library?
It looks like it keeps all the user patches in a monolithic file, per-gadget, under your user document folder. Not entirely useful at all.
Thank's to let me know!

dangayle wrote:The app itself is identical to the mobile versions which do have demos, so you could consider that. I need to play more with the desktop app to spot the differences.
It more than that though...

Does it work properly? Are there show-stopping bugs with the plugins in host X, Y or Z?

New releases are rarely bug free despite the best of intentions. I hope they keep the intro price going on as long as the iOS sale is going, because that should be enough time to know if these are stable or not.

The gadgets do sound pretty good. The M1 gadget is better than Korg's legacy M1, although with far less tweakability.

I like the iCloud Drive storage/exchange between the IOS and Mac versions of the app. Works well with one exception. Any IOS song that contains the Milpitas gadget, will fault loading into the Mac version, since the Mac-based Milpitas gadget is slated to be released in the next update. Beyond this, it's nice to have the four (or two) screens available on the Mac version. Pretty slick the way Korg has made the operation so similar between platforms. Good example for other vendors to consider IMHO.

dangayle wrote:The gadgets do sound pretty good. The M1 gadget is better than Korg's legacy M1, although with far less tweakability.
They both sound the same, they use the exact same DSP engine, email Korg they will tell you that.
Duh

I just forget to ask an important thing (since there is no real info from Korg) about the plug-in collection as AU/VST/AAX.
Are they really exact like the Gadget´s or are they like the full (iOS) version f.e.
That means, is there an arp in the Lexington VST version?
I doubt, but i want to know for sure. I´m still interested (maybe just GAS again).
Sure i have some better plug-ins but f.e. i didn´t find something to replace ArpOdyssei or the REALLY useful Milpitas (wavestation) random feature and easy editing of the wave sequences.

I wonder if there will be a PC version in the future ?

dangayle wrote: The M1 gadget is better than Korg's legacy M1, although with far less tweakability.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Being able to use the individual modules in Logic is huge. That's great news. I wish reason allowed that. A-holes.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”