Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Anyone know how much longer the upgrade discount is running?

Does 10's audio clip stretching also stretches automation too, like moving audio clip moves automation?

aMUSEd wrote:Anyone know how much longer the upgrade discount is running?
I'm not sure. But, if you "sign up" for the upgrade, you're not actually committed to buying it. Ableton gives you up to something like 2 weeks after the public release of 10 to make the actual purchase. So, there's no harm in going with the upgrade, as you can cancel (not actually purchase) the upgrade.

I think this makes sense, as anyone who's not on the beta team wouldn't know exactly how well things work for them until after trying them.

tooneba wrote:Does 10's audio clip stretching also stretches automation too, like moving audio clip moves automation?
Nope.

OzoneJunkie wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Anyone know how much longer the upgrade discount is running?
I'm not sure. But, if you "sign up" for the upgrade, you're not actually committed to buying it. Ableton gives you up to something like 2 weeks after the public release of 10 to make the actual purchase. So, there's no harm in going with the upgrade, as you can cancel (not actually purchase) the upgrade.

I think this makes sense, as anyone who's not on the beta team wouldn't know exactly how well things work for them until after trying them.
Thanks good idea, I am on the beta and so far performance is dreadful but it does have some nice additions when I can eventually get it to work properly

XorXisT wrote:
tooneba wrote:Does 10's audio clip stretching also stretches automation too, like moving audio clip moves automation?
Nope.
Thanks.

aMUSEd wrote:I am on the beta and so far performance is dreadful
in that case you would appear to be better informed than most people to answer your own question.
when the beta isn't performing dreadfully, that would be the time to wonder when the offer is going to end (upgrade discount runs until release)

I've noticed no degradation in performance. But I don't use a lot of stuff, and no ML4. I've used both the Windows and OS X versions. CPU use in my case seems about the same in both, but OS X has always been high according to their own monitor (and the fan spinning up...)
Last edited by jonljacobi on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The only issue I've had with the beta is slow boot up times. It can take a few minutes to scan my plugins and load up, but otherwise performance is fine (64bit Win 8.1).

Really interesting how differently this thing works for people, almost as if the beta is personalized :wink:

I’m thinking of cancelling my pre-order.
I’m beta testing and really am not very impressed with the performance on mac and the lack of native MPE is bs in today’s market.
I can run way more tracks both midi and Audio without any glitches when I use Cubase 9.5.
How much can you sell a Push2 for now?

thecontrolcentre wrote:The only issue I've had with the beta is slow boot up times. It can take a few minutes to scan my plugins and load up, but otherwise performance is fine (64bit Win 8.1).
Slow is an understatement for me - it can take tens of minutes to boot up and even clicking on sections in the library leads to spinny circles for several seconds

Daags wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I am on the beta and so far performance is dreadful
in that case you would appear to be better informed than most people to answer your own question.
when the beta isn't performing dreadfully, that would be the time to wonder when the offer is going to end (upgrade discount runs until release)
That's exactly why I'm asking as I get the impression they are getting close to release, they won't go by my issues as most people are not having them

aMUSEd wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:The only issue I've had with the beta is slow boot up times. It can take a few minutes to scan my plugins and load up, but otherwise performance is fine (64bit Win 8.1).
Slow is an understatement for me - it can take tens of minutes to boot up and even clicking on sections in the library leads to spinny circles for several seconds
Well ... its still in beta, so hopefully they'll iron this stuff out before release. Especially after the Live 8 debacle ...

Runs perfectly fine for me on Mac OS High Sierra. No bootup or performance issues. However, I noticed that it seems to do a complete library re-scan in the background and that appears to take much longer than under Live 9.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”