AKAI VIP 3.0 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VIP (Virtual Instrument Player)

Dear Akai,

please drop iLok from your products so I can become a customer. This stuff protects you from customers, not the customers.

Thanks.

Sweet. I have an Air Mini 32. High time to register that little beauty.

i've been using the vip3 demo for the last week, it's pretty great, easy to get to grips with and import user presets etc
gonna buy an akai mpk 25 mk2 keyboard when i get paid on friday and get a free copy of vip3

Really glad to hear the good feedback so far :) let me know if I can be of any help.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

emef wrote:i've been using the vip3 demo for the last week, it's pretty great, easy to get to grips with and import user presets etc
gonna buy an akai mpk 25 mk2 keyboard when i get paid on friday and get a free copy of vip3
Where can I get the demo from?

moss wrote:
emef wrote:i've been using the vip3 demo for the last week, it's pretty great, easy to get to grips with and import user presets etc
Where can I get the demo from?
Plugin Boutique

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3 ... 0-Standard

emef wrote:gonna buy an akai mpk 25 mk2 keyboard when i get paid on friday and get a free copy of vip3
I would rather get M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32

More keys, and lower price.

emef wrote:
moss wrote: Where can I get the demo from?
Plugin Boutique

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3 ... 0-Standard
Thanks!

Since it's iLok-ed i'm not interested even when I'm entitled to have it for free. Great move AKAI. Brilliant. /sarc :tu:

I just won't have that crap on my working PC no matter what. Thanks, stuff it...

REAPER needs no iLok and it's much more useful anyway. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

:?:

What has Reaper to do with VIP?

You're right, I forgot that VIP is about MIDI control, not MPC software. damn! :)

However, other things I said stand.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

No worries. :) Just thought Reaper could do something i didn't know of, hehe.

Numanoid wrote:
emef wrote:gonna buy an akai mpk 25 mk2 keyboard when i get paid on friday and get a free copy of vip3
I would rather get M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32

More keys, and lower price.
aye, it is nice, but i really like the pitchbend/mod joystick on the mpk 25, that's what really sold it for me

This is exactly what I needed! Not as feature laden as Kore 2 was, but it works perfectly and was very well laid out by the designers. I haven't been this stoked about a software release in a while. I'm loving VIP!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:This is exactly what I needed! Not as feature laden as Kore 2 was, but it works perfectly and was very well laid out by the designers. I haven't been this stoked about a software release in a while. I'm loving VIP!
Wait till you see 3.1 :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”