mainstage and patch banks

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
I use mainstage with an Arturia Keylab61 keyboard ; its 16 pads let me instantly access 16 different patches in a concert.
I would like more . I thought creating a second set in my concert would solve the problem but it does not, because the 16 pads remain assigned to my first 16 patches anyway. Is it possible to create a pad assignment for each set, or will I have to load another concert for each 16 patches bank which would be a bit cumbersome.
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
Jean-Philippe Rykiel, the Blind one
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

If you can create a new mapping on the pads (from the keyboard itself)- try forcing specific PROGRAM CHANGE messages. You will notice MS automatically maps out your patches to associate with Program Change 1 and up. You can even specify specific program change settings for each patch. This way you can instantly swith between any patch in the concert.
• Sound Designer / Programmer

BTW- I run some large Facebook groups- one dedicated to MainStage too- check out MainStage Worship Sounds on Facebook if interested
• Sound Designer / Programmer

Thanks for your reply Rocky. So, my 16 pads are currently sending program changes from 0 to 15, and I should create another bank from 16 to 31 for example? Yes, that would be a way to do it. But I thought sets in MS could be used this way to. Otherwise, what are sets for? You could have all your patches On one set for a given concert, so what's the use of creating several sets?
Give me an example if you can.
Thanks for your help,
regards.
Jean-Philippe Rykiel, the Blind one
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”