Kushview Element plugin host

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element

Bought. :)

heks wrote:Bought. :)
That's awesome, thank you!!! Let me know if you run into any issues or have any other feedback. BTW, I just uploaded v0.10.1, which fixes a few UI quirks when Element is loaded inside of itself.

kushview wrote:
inkwarp wrote:on windows 7 this does not work...
it seems to install but no gui appears after that. just a desktop icon..
website doesn't have any useful info either.
waste of time... looking at bluecat instead, looks really good..
Can I have more details about your system? Do you have alot of plugins? The app will scan for all plugins the first time it is launched before the GUI opens. The issue may very well be that it needs to show a progress window and/or prompt the user to scan on a first run. There is a support/feedback form on the website.
it is during the plugin scan so a progress would be ideal as i cannot see where it is crashing.
i am on windows 7.

Will it allow to create multi touch custom mapped interface to hosted plugins?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

This just in:
Element v0.10.2 Released
Improved UI and run as AU/VST plugin in your DAW. Element can now be used as a plugin wrapper. e.g. run VSTs in ProTools
https://kushview.net/products/element/

@Kushview: Can you add Element to the KVR databse (like has been done with Roboverb: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/robover ... ew/details

Once Element is in the database, it can be linked in the header as "Products related to this topic"

Numanoid wrote:@Kushview: Can you add Element to the KVR databse (like has been done with Roboverb: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/robover ... ew/details

Once Element is in the database, it can be linked in the header as "Products related to this topic"
I'm waiting to do that until I feel like the app is stable enough to receive a huge influx of downloads and users.

Note to anybody having problems when scanning plugins. I just uploaded a v0.11.0 which has an overhauled plugin scan process. You shouldn't see crashing near as much due to bad plugins being scanned.

Awesome. Crashing has been a non-starter for me. I'll download the new version now.

Hi! This is looking good. However I tried to download the free version and kept getting this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it
I can list the details if needed. I'm on a smartphone if that matters, and tried d/l with 3 mobile browsers, no luck. Thanks---

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Hi! This is looking good. However I tried to download the free version and kept getting this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it
I can list the details if needed. I'm on a smartphone if that matters, and tried d/l with 3 mobile browsers, no luck. Thanks---
Looks like I had the links wrong in the mailer. It is fixed now.

Thanks for the quick reply mate. The new links are all good.

Looks like signing is still not implemented as Avast doenst like it.

Also theres no option yet in the installer to select a path for the VST.

Really interested to see where this goes to set itself apart from the other modular hosts.

I think only Mux, and Plogue have pushed the boundaries, the others remaining utilitarian, abandoned or arent available in plugin format (How many are peeved at Usine !).

VSTForx started off looking like it had a good future, has some unique useful features though a bit clunky to use, also appears to be abandonware

All .exe, .dll, .vt3 are code signed with a standard certificate. Run the installer and you'll see Kushview is listed as a verified publisher (because it is code signed)

kushview wrote:All .exe, .dll, .vt3 are code signed with a standard certificate. Run the installer and you'll see Kushview is listed as a verified publisher (because it is code signed)
Fare enough, Avast still threw up warnings though

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”