App similar ton haken Continuum for windows Surface pro??

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello world,

I'm looking for a midi app for my surface that emulates the continuum keyboard
I found out the IcarusTouch which is exactly what I'm looking for but I can't get it to work...
Anything similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4NRu7mBXtA

Cheers,
David

Answer must be :No :p

Hi,
the IcarusTouch still works. I managed to make it work on Win10 and Python 2.7.
I tried to play with it a bit, but did not manage to get continuous pitch. What I observed is, that you are stucked to classical piano roll. You press the virtual keys to get 12ET. You can also hear some notes in between 12ET, but it is only when you slide from a key. The range of slide, the difference between original pitch and final pitch you hear at the end of a slide, is fixed to two keys pitch only, irrelevant of where your mouse/finger ends up on the screen.

I also cannot find a windows application that would emulate Haken Continuum. There seems to be more choises for iPad. For example sth like Ribbons or Shoom.

If you find sth, let me know.
Thanks

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Is this for playing a VST, or an external synth?

Maybe you can try Bitwig Studio, which has a dedicated touch screen profile, with a keyboard that can be either a standard one or a diatonic, like in Push/Launchpad? Check this video:

https://youtu.be/rNjZEQlxg3s?t=2m7s

If you only want this, then it's already available in Bitwig 1.3 which can be gotten 2nd hand for $100, not to mention there's apparently a "free" version available as well.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Another option could be to use an emulator to use the Roli noise android app in windows?
The app is still in beta, but works pretty great on my phone. And it now has seaboard view which functiona like the continuum. obviously not a vst though and I have no idea if it will serve the OPs purpose.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

antic604 wrote:What exactly are you trying to achieve? Is this for playing a VST, or an external synth?
I would like to get played notes/pitches into a software for post processing
antic604 wrote: Maybe you can try Bitwig Studio, which has a dedicated touch screen profile, with a keyboard that can be either a standard one or a diatonic, like in Push/Launchpad? Check this video:
https://youtu.be/rNjZEQlxg3s?t=2m7s
This is the best implementation of the continuous pitch I have seen so far on Windows. You can start playing anywhere on the keyboard, meaning also between keys. It also gets recorded right into the Bitwig. It would be very nice if you could define your own pitch increments and create layouts like of the Tonal Plexus, Terpstra and simillar.
Thanks a lot, now I am considering Bitwig as the DAW to get. Unless there is a more powerfull option :)

Thanks. I might do something wrong, but I cannot get continuously changing pitch while sliding from these

Save pennies, buy linnstrument.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

hugolove wrote:
Thanks. I might do something wrong, but I cannot get continuously changing pitch while sliding from these
There are two parts which have to fit: The app mimicking Continuum/Seaboard/LinnStrument and the synth you try to play. The synth needs to react on pitch bend AND you have to be able to define the pitch bend range to the same your instrument is set to...
First check if the app sends pitch bend in any midi monitor. If it does, check the range it sends, then check your synth if it receives that, and set the synths pitch bend range to the same as your app.

I can only repeat, save up for a LinnStrument. No way to get the same expression just on a touch screen...; - )

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”