Cubase 9.5 launch today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

the other video isn't me. it's someone elses issues having cubase incorrectly map midi ins and outs. I posted it because I believe that Cubase is incorrectly mapping my audio inputs and outputs, which is why I can hear the RF noise in 64bit mode. It's like it's mapping to my mobo or gpu audio rather than my ASIO audio.

I am on windows 10. I have not only rebooted the PC but I've wiped it clean and fresh installed everything. It isn't my soundcard. It's cubase.

wickfut wrote: I am on windows 10. I have not only rebooted the PC but I've wiped it clean and fresh installed everything. It isn't my soundcard. It's cubase.
Did you reboot AFTER setting it to 64bit and then come straight back into Cubase?

Have you seen any other person having this problem? I just looked and I can't find any.
It may be Cubase, but it is something extremely specific to your setup.
It is very unlikely that the MIDI mapping issue has anything to do with this. That bug from the video was introduced when they added some capabilities to instrument tracks. The vst connection and midi mapping for projects are in completely different configuration files. And, lots of other people would have the problem if it was that simple.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

The most of me wants to buy the upgrade now......

But there's a part that thinks that I should save the cash and wait until Black Friday just on the off chance that there's a deal going on that price.

I really want to try it now while I have a chance......but I want to save, too. Decisions.

xphen0m wrote:The most of me wants to buy the upgrade now......

But there's a part that thinks that I should save the cash and wait until Black Friday just on the off chance that there's a deal going on that price.

I really want to try it now while I have a chance......but I want to save, too. Decisions.
Considering it just came out on Friday I think it would be unlikely it will be on sale just 7 days later. The upgrade that is. A full v9 however which would come with a free update to 9.5 might be on sale somewhere though. I think that's how I got my full version of Cubase a few years ago.

Today I tried to use Melodyne in Direct Offline Processing. It's not ideal. You can't resize the Direct Offline Processing window. And Cubase crashes when I delete Melodyne from Direct Offline Processing.

Contact celomony, but don't hold your breath. Their support is useless
And they generally only fix bugs in future paid upgrades.
kiezum wrote:Today I tried to use Melodyne in Direct Offline Processing. It's not ideal. You can't resize the Direct Offline Processing window. And Cubase crashes when I delete Melodyne from Direct Offline Processing.

Steinberg don't play on Black Friday. Keep an eye in summer.

Could those of you who have a nice stable fully functioning cubase 9.5 on windows 10 please post your sound card with your sound card latency.

I was going to add 8 or 16 inputs to my set up after xmas, by adding in more PCIe cards but since my Marian isn't playing nice anymore I'm going to look at changing it to something else rather than changing my DAW, maybe.

Anyone got a RME HDSPe RayDAT ? What about Focusright Clarett 8PreX via USB C or PCIe thunderbolt card?

Cubase 9.5 on Windows 10 with a Scarlett 6i6 first gen buffer set to 3ms.

shidostrife wrote:Steinberg don't play on Black Friday. Keep an eye in summer.
German think Black Friday racist? :hihi:

tooneba wrote:
shidostrife wrote:Steinberg don't play on Black Friday. Keep an eye in summer.
German think Black Friday racist? :hihi:
maybe they'll join if it's..... Berg Friday :hihi: :hihi:

I got it today. I'm surprised Steiny increased the insert FX slots in a x.5 update. I always figured that it would be something saved a x.0 major update. Nevertheless, I'm elated that this is finally in Cubase. I've been waiting for that for AGES. I'm going to mess with the new metronome options. That seems interesting.

barryfell wrote:

Considering it just came out on Friday I think it would be unlikely it will be on sale just 7 days later. The upgrade that is. A full v9 however which would come with a free update to 9.5 might be on sale somewhere though. I think that's how I got my full version of Cubase a few years ago.
Get the9.5 upgrade

Doesn't appear that 9.5 is fully High Sierra compatible yet. Or is it?

Anyone made the transition from v7.5? What did you gain from it? I'm most afraid of new bugs. I'm aware of v7.5's bugs so there are only few surprises.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”