Cubase Crossgrade for Cakewalk Sonar Users / 50% off

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sl1200mk2 wrote:Very similar for me. Couldn't pass up the $255 offer (plus dongle). Surprised so far, nothing in terms of having to supply proof or validation to Steinberg? Not an issue and maybe I'll get a request in a couple days, but I got the license within minutes and I'm installing now.

I haven't used Cubase since the SX v1 or v2 days (can't remember which) in 2001/2002, so I've been wanting to try it again. I primarily use S1 for tracking and mixing.
I thought this $255 crossgrade offer for Cubase was a joke until I headed over to Sweetwater.com to check it out for myself. Wow, that is a sweet deal indeed. My current DAWs include Studio One 3, Reason 10, Akai MPC-X along with the MPC Software 2.0, and Bitwig Studio 1. I was contemplating on taking advantage of Bitwig's current upgrade offer to version 2 for $129. But as it is, I barely use Bitwig these days so I may just pass on it for now. I'm not missing much in Bitwig that I cannot accomplish in Studio One or in Reason.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to try out Cubase Pro but the price was always too expensive for me to take the plunge. Cubase has matured quite nicely over the last few years and I think now with this $255 offer might be the right time to give it a shot. Anyone knows the cheapest place, I can order the dongle for Cubase? I suppose I will not be able to use the software after download until I have the dongle, correct?
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote: Anyone knows the cheapest place, I can order the dongle for Cubase? I suppose I will not be able to use the software after download until I have the dongle, correct?
$32 on Amazon. I paid $34 at Guitar Center locally since I wanted it right away. Yes, you'll need to have the dongle in order to authorize and use. You should be able to download the 11GB full package without it though, so can get that out of the way while you wait.

https://www.amazon.com/Steinberg-Key-Li ... B0009TD5Z4

I didn't shop too hard, but I can't imagine it being much lower than $32. And yes, overall this is a really good deal IMO. I've never seen so low, so I jumped.

sl1200mk2 wrote:
summer2000 wrote: Anyone knows the cheapest place, I can order the dongle for Cubase? I suppose I will not be able to use the software after download until I have the dongle, correct?
$32 on Amazon. I paid $34 at Guitar Center locally since I wanted it right away. Yes, you'll need to have the dongle in order to authorize and use. You should be able to download the 11GB full package without it though, so can get that out of the way while you wait.

https://www.amazon.com/Steinberg-Key-Li ... B0009TD5Z4

I didn't shop too hard, but I can't imagine it being much lower than $32. And yes, overall this is a really good deal IMO. I've never seen so low, so I jumped.
Thanks for the quick reply. It's actually $34.99 at GC. There is a store not too far from me so I may just pick one up from there instead of having to wait for Amazon to ship it out.

Hmmm...Bitwig 2.0 or Cubase Pro 9.5? Decisions, decisions :help: :?: :?
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote:
sl1200mk2 wrote:Very similar for me. Couldn't pass up the $255 offer (plus dongle). Surprised so far, nothing in terms of having to supply proof or validation to Steinberg? Not an issue and maybe I'll get a request in a couple days, but I got the license within minutes and I'm installing now.

I haven't used Cubase since the SX v1 or v2 days (can't remember which) in 2001/2002, so I've been wanting to try it again. I primarily use S1 for tracking and mixing.
I thought this $255 crossgrade offer for Cubase was a joke until I headed over to Sweetwater.com to check it out for myself. Wow, that is a sweet deal indeed. My current DAWs include Studio One 3, Reason 10, Akai MPC-X along with the MPC Software 2.0, and Bitwig Studio 1. I was contemplating on taking advantage of Bitwig's current upgrade offer to version 2 for $129. But as it is, I barely use Bitwig these days so I may just pass on it for now. I'm not missing much in Bitwig that I cannot accomplish in Studio One or in Reason.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to try out Cubase Pro but the price was always too expensive for me to take the plunge. Cubase has matured quite nicely over the last few years and I think now with this $255 offer might be the right time to give it a shot. Anyone knows the cheapest place, I can order the dongle for Cubase? I suppose I will not be able to use the software after download until I have the dongle, correct?
I'm in the UK and I've bought the crossgrade direct from Steinberg and it only comes as a boxed version with the dongle in the box.
I can't download it even though there is a link in the email to do so - but I've read that it doesn't work for anyone.

Grum.

summer2000 wrote: Hmmm...Bitwig 2.0 or Cubase Pro 9.5? Decisions, decisions :help: :?: :?
if u use modulation lot https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 81&t=46895 then BWS otherwise Cubase
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Any info or guesses on how long this 50% crossgrade offer will be available? :?:

If I understood it correctly, the regular crossgrade offer is about 30% off.

Romantique Tp wrote:None of the categories in these annual reports quite fit Steinberg. Either their data isn't included or they're counted as part of Yamaha's audio equipment segment, which regularly accounts for almost 30% of their sales.
It's so comparatively insignificant that it isn't itemized in their financial reports. It's part of a business segment kinda linked to leisure and education. With only roughly 200 employees (among 20k employees at Yammy overall) Steinberg is probably one of the least expensive of their endeavors.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Believe it's this one:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SteinbergKey
Both eLicenser dongles can hold the Steinberg software licenses, the one Funkybot's Evil Twin linked is the shorter, latest generation type.

lanfear wrote:Any info or guesses on how long this 50% crossgrade offer will be available? :?:

If I understood it correctly, the regular crossgrade offer is about 30% off.
I *think* it's this coming week only or that's what I saw in one of the other threads. Try to verify, but I can't imagine it lasting too long.

daw.one wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Believe it's this one:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SteinbergKey
Both eLicenser dongles can hold the Steinberg software licenses, the one Funkybot's Evil Twin linked is the shorter, latest generation type.

Good to know - thanks!
I have an older eLicenser that has a couple of old Auturia licenses on it. It works fine. Looks like I don't need a new dongle.

xbitz wrote:
summer2000 wrote: Hmmm...Bitwig 2.0 or Cubase Pro 9.5? Decisions, decisions :help: :?: :?
if u use modulation lot https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 81&t=46895 then BWS otherwise Cubase
I rarely used modulation in Bitwig 1 so I doubt v2 would make a difference for me. I've gone ahead and purchased the Cubase 9.5 crossgrade and will be picking up the USB eLicenser dongle from GC tomorrow. Good times ahead. :love: :party: :tu:

What a boondongle...

telecharge wrote:What a boondongle...
I was waiting for that lol

Just wait until all these new Cubaser's return to the forum with complaints about the lack of support and .5 paid updates...Sonar had it's share of foibles but as with everything new comes new surprises.

Same can be said about all things new. :wink:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”