Cubase Crossgrade for Cakewalk Sonar Users / 50% off

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering if it might hae been a good idea to offer this limited offer to other than just Sonar users, I mean it could be "due to recent events with Sonar" and they could have picked more customers on the fence. FWIW I have no interest in using Cubase so it's not like it's something I want but maybe it would have been cool for others. :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It is offered to users of other DAWs - that's why I already said the thread title is misleading. The whole "Sonar users welcome offer" is a marketing ploy in my book!
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

CTStump wrote:
telecharge wrote:What a boondongle...
I was waiting for that lol

Just wait until all these new Cubaser's return to the forum with complaints about the lack of support and .5 paid updates...Sonar had it's share of foibles but as with everything new comes new surprises.

Same can be said about all things new. :wink:
Wow, you mean Cubase is not perfect and has issues just like every other DAW I own? Thanks for ruining my day. :dog: :hihi:
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote:
CTStump wrote:
telecharge wrote:What a boondongle...
I was waiting for that lol

Just wait until all these new Cubaser's return to the forum with complaints about the lack of support and .5 paid updates...Sonar had it's share of foibles but as with everything new comes new surprises.

Same can be said about all things new. :wink:
Wow, you mean Cubase is not perfect and has issues just like every other DAW I own? Thanks for ruining my day. :dog: :hihi:
You mean you didn't check here in the KVR Hosts & Applications forum for advice as to how to find the perfect DAW?

If you had you wouldn't have any DAW's at all. :dog: :D

I switched from Cubase to S1 3 at version 8. I preferred the 1 screen workflow etc on S1, but Cubase now looks and feels very much like S1 and if anything improves on the one screen workflow with the tabs. I have to say with three updates from 8 cipubade is like a different DAW, I am realy impressed and at the current x grade price I am happy to jump back in (the content alone is probably worth the price)

I am not sure what S1 will do now, Cubase has stolen there thunder a little in terms of the big reasons why you may go S1 (name,y the clean uncluttered 1 screen workflow and drag and drop track building)

There will of course be a fe issues until 9.5.1 comes out, but I think it’s fair to say that over the 2 years Cubase has completed a transformation and is realy a different DAW than it was, the depth is still there if you care to delve, but the workflow is now much faster. If you have t had a look at Cubase for a few years, if you didn’t like it before, have another look....it’s hard to fault.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I just received the activation code for C9.5 from Sweetwater. I've watched quite a few tutorials on Youtube over the last few days and can't wait to give it a spin. :hyper: :phones:
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

summer2000 wrote:I just received the activation code for C9.5 from Sweetwater. I've watched quite a few tutorials on Youtube over the last few days and can't wait to give it a spin. :hyper: :phones:
It's good stuff man. I'm only a few hours into it and while I'm mostly lost and overwhelmed it still feels very familiar. Silly to even compare it to SX v1/v2 when I last used Cubase, but I feel like I'm "back home".

dreamkeeper wrote:It is offered to users of other DAWs - that's why I already said the thread title is misleading. The whole "Sonar users welcome offer" is a marketing ploy in my book!

oh ok...thanks for clearing that up for me :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
dreamkeeper wrote:It is offered to users of other DAWs - that's why I already said the thread title is misleading. The whole "Sonar users welcome offer" is a marketing ploy in my book!

oh ok...thanks for clearing that up for me :)
np - hope, my comment didn't come across as snarky... I'm just a tad mad at the vultures circling above Cakewalk's remnants. Sonar's user-base must be a very tasty bite...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

dreamkeeper wrote: np - hope, my comment didn't come across as snarky... I'm just a tad mad at the vultures circling above Cakewalk's remnants. Sonar's user-base must be a very tasty bite...
It probably seems even moreso due to the uncanny timing of the Cakewalk announcement. They dropped that bombshell pretty much immediately before everyone's seasonal releases and/or crazy black friday sales...
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Hi all,

The trial versions of Cubase Pro 9.5 and Cubase Elements 9.5 are available for download on our website as of now.

Cubase Trials

Kind regards,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

sl1200mk2 wrote:
summer2000 wrote:I just received the activation code for C9.5 from Sweetwater. I've watched quite a few tutorials on Youtube over the last few days and can't wait to give it a spin. :hyper: :phones:
It's good stuff man. I'm only a few hours into it and while I'm mostly lost and overwhelmed it still feels very familiar. Silly to even compare it to SX v1/v2 when I last used Cubase, but I feel like I'm "back home".
I'm in the same boat. I'm a Studio One user since the day v1.0 was released but I picked up the cross-grade deal on C9.5 because the price was too good to pass up.
The last Cubase version I used was v7 I think. I ended up selling it because I didn't like the way the windows worked with multiple monitors, among other things.
So now I'm back and I'm lost too but I'm learning and things are starting to make sense to me. So far I'm liking the new version and it's miles ahead of the v7 I last used.

£249 vs £229 for Live 10 upgrade.

WTF. sort it out Ableton and your tiny fonts.

Tried ordering from Streetwater last week. The offer was only for American consumers. I’m from Canada. Who’s offering a crossgrade price in Canada? Thank you in advance.

Amogae01 wrote:Tried ordering from Streetwater last week. The offer was only for American consumers. I’m from Canada. Who’s offering a crossgrade price in Canada? Thank you in advance.
I believe Steinberg are supposed to have it available in their online shop by Wed. (Dec. 6th) for those who have been unable to purchase the crossgrade from other countries.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”