Samplitude Pro X3 Suite sale $149.00 until Dec 20th

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote:I went through days of downloading content
I downloaded it in a couple of hours recently
Amazon: why not use an alternative

lotus2035 wrote: Plus I seem to have a problem registering Samplitude, Spectral layers and the Analog modeling collection,
I cant log in, but like someone mentioned, there seems to be two user login systems, very confusing. I'll wait until I have everything installed (in about a month) before I sort that out. :hihi:

Delighted with the deal though overall, this and Vegas Pro 14 for peanuts in the humble bundle earlier. :party:
Yes, there are two sites to reg with and accounts don't get recognised ((
BUT it is possible to create accounts on both with same email and password... for sure a confusing situation, as I think it is SF that is considered "Consumer" product while Samplitude is "Pro"..
I think Kraznet has posted on earlier pages the links..
BTW, it is worth joining the official forum as Kaznet is a very very helpful mod there and has extensive YouTube tutorial vids... seriously good... I started with samplitude in 1997, not been a regular user but still need Kaznets tuts to get the most outta this tool )))
http://support2.magix.net/boards/sampli ... self-here/&

Regarding the Vegas Pro Edit Humble Bundle deal, this is really a great fairly light video editor / compositor. It can do basic layer animation, has a good number of effects, full compositing capability. Text and generated media facilities (lens flares). Its fairly simple and a steal for $20 if you don't happen to have a better video editor, its definitely worth considering. The version is build 270 from 6/26/2017 and it supports Win 10.

For anyone who did get it, a tip on getting it running: The program is 64 bit and supports 64 bit VST 2 plugins. Unfortunately, its got a glass jaw when it comes to scanning them (sadly, this is typical for most video software). If its able to find your vsts, it will scan them automatically and very likely crash on a few of them. It definitely seems to dislike Native Instrument's stuff. Unfortunately, the program doesn't use a blacklist, so it will crash on them most every time. The best way to get around this is to watch for plugins that it hangs on and delete them (temporarily, restore them afterwards), repeat this until you can get through them all. It will then build a list of them and can be set not to rescan them like so...

*MAGIX_Eric D wrote on 9/27/2016, 3:00 PM:

*In order to bypass the search of existing VST plug-ins on your machine during the startup process, please try the following:

1. Right-click on the application's launch icon.

2. Select 'Properties'

3. Add the following command outside of the quotes in the Target field: /NOVSTGROVEL

4. Select Apply and then OK

-Be sure to include a space between the last quote and the beginning of the command line argument.

Vegas can still use the VST plug ins it has already scanned, it just does not need to initialize them each time it launches afterward.*

Sorry for OT...

*BTW: If you're lucky and Vegas cant find your vst folder, you should be in great shape. You can just make a
custom folder with whatever plugins you want in it and point Vegas to it.

-Cheers

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Hink wrote:I went through days of downloading content
I downloaded it in a couple of hours recently

well part of it was then my daw didn't go online and it wasn't even an option because that machine does not have wifi. So I had to also transfer it to a portable HD, I really wish not to remember that whole experience though two friendships came from it :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

toonertik wrote:Yes, there are two sites to reg with and accounts don't get recognised ((
BUT it is possible to create accounts on both with same email and password... for sure a confusing situation, as I think it is SF that is considered "Consumer" product while Samplitude is "Pro"..

That's helpful thanks, so I'm assuming it's not possible to have both types of products listed under the one account then.
I was thinking I could maybe ask support to add the serials manually but from what you've posted it seems unlikely. It's not such a big deal really, as long as everything works as it should. 8)

It looks like P3 serials should be registered at the normal Magix site and P2 serials at the Magix Pro site

VariKusBrainZ wrote:It looks like P3 serials should be registered at the normal Magix site and P2 serials at the Magix Pro site
lotus2035 wrote: That's helpful thanks, so I'm assuming it's not possible to have both types of products listed under the one account then.
I was thinking I could maybe ask support to add the serials manually but from what you've posted it seems unlikely. It's not such a big deal really, as long as everything works as it should. 8)
Not under one account NO (((
TBH I don't even remember which site was which or even how I did it as it was confusing to find my existing log in details not accepted.
Opened 2 new accounts with exact same details>> all good and old products listed along with new SamP, not sure which one SamP and Indy are on though, but they are together again :hug: :hyper:

toonertik wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:It looks like P3 serials should be registered at the normal Magix site and P2 serials at the Magix Pro site
lotus2035 wrote: That's helpful thanks, so I'm assuming it's not possible to have both types of products listed under the one account then.
Not under one account NO (((
TBH I don't even remember which site was which or even how I did it as it was confusing to find my existing log in details not accepted.
Opened 2 new accounts with exact same details>> all good and old products listed along with new SamP, not sure which one SamP and Indy are on though, but they are together again :hug: :hyper:
Are you saying all your registrations are now available in one account, in one location under the same account?

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Opened 2 new accounts with exact same details>> all good and old products listed along with new SamP, not sure which one SamP and Indy are on though, but they are together again :hug: :hyper:
Are you saying all your registrations are now available in one account, in one location under the same account?[/quote]

No just the both my Samplitudes (SamPX_Siver (free) SamPX3_Suite and Independence.. this site seems much better organised as one can see one's product, which I don't recall in the other site..
TBH I have not really gone into it too much as I am up and running with what I have installed... not yet done the mammoth 70Gb DL.. I am going to try for a DVD/CD for this .. I have gone so long without 70Gb gobbling space, I am sure I can wait a bit longer... any way I mostly make crazy synth sounds these days... no studio any more.. no live musicians around... not allowed to play my latin percussion as now I have neighbours with phones :lol:

Nm, frigging quote failure, I give up!

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Nm, frigging quote failure, I give up!
Yeah, I know... bit heavy handed with the select>delete... but I guessed YOU would know what I meant... I'm just getting lazy as I age ungracefully :wink:
Quote looks good this time!

toonertik wrote:
Yeah, I know... bit heavy handed with the select>delete... but I guessed YOU would know what I meant... I'm just getting lazy as I age ungracefully :wink:
No, I mean my failure! f**ked up the first one, then made another reply and it was even worse, I was to lazy to try again, hence my comment :oops:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
toonertik wrote:
No, I mean my failure! f**ked up the first one, then made another reply and it was even worse, I was to lazy to try again, hence my comment :oops:
You and me both...
Maybe I should rename myself>> VariKusBrainZZZZZZZZZZ >>> sorry, I just woke up :roll:

Spent a few hours installing Independence Pro on my C: drive, now I'm getting some kind of hard-drive error on boot up, "AHCI Port3 Device Error Press F1 to resume". :x
Boots up fine apart from that and diagnostics and scans shows the drive is healthy.
Maybe the drive is on its way out I'm not sure, but installing independence certainly triggered something.

I'm about due for a re-installation of Windows 10 which I do every few months, I'm hoping it may correct the boot error, however, I don't want to download that 70GB library again, I've already copied the entire Independence Library to a second hard-drive but when I select it in the libraries window in Independence I get "the selected folder contains no valid library!". If I can't get it to work I more than likely won't bother downloading it again after a fresh OS install. :neutral:

Id run CHKDSK

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”